Enhanced Social Work Practitioner
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Grade 12 with corresponding salaries £36,922 - £40,876 plus £2,500
Social Care - Children Service
An approved location. However, you may be required to work at any Durham County Council location.
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/21/508
Enhanced Social Work Practitioner
Are you an experienced social worker ready for the next step in your career?
Do you have experience of supporting students or newly qualified social workers in their practice?
Our Enhanced Social Work Practitioner posts are an excellent opportunity to stay in frontline social work practice whilst holding a reduced caseload and mentoring newly qualified social workers as they build their professional confidence and skills during their Assessed and supported year (ASYE).
You will play a really important role in supporting Newly Qualified Social Workers (NQSWs). You will act as a mentor, working alongside the NQSWs, consistently modelling outstanding social work practice and skill, and providing ongoing advice and guidance on their cases.
• Provide advice and guidance to the NQSW’s to help them build their confidence, resilience,
knowledge and skills in line with the Post qualifying standards (KSS).
• Facilitate structured fortnightly reflective sessions which incorporate thinking about signs of safety and trauma informed relational practice. Encourage the NQSWs to hold multiple hypotheses, enable peer challenge and critical reflection in decision-making.
• Provide ongoing advice and guidance to the NQSWs on their cases, co-working more complex cases ensuring this reflection is evident on the child’s record and improves outcomes for the child.
• Work closely with the Practice Leads in the Social Work Academy and the Team Manager to
ensure that the NQSW’s have appropriate caseloads in terms of number and complexity, and that their ASYE progresses well. Contribute to their reviews and undertake observations of practice as learning opportunities and for their portfolio.
• Provide less formal support post ASYE as social workers work towards progression continuing to the learning culture in the team.
Please note that this post is a case holding frontline social work post with additional mentoring responsibilities. Line management of the NQSWs will be carried out by the Team Manager.
Like all our Social Workers you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work.
• Working alongside a well-resourced social work academy who can support you in your development
• Excellent opportunities for career progression, whether you want to broaden your experience as a social worker, practice educator or step into management.
• Professional development pathways for every stage of your career.
• A clear professional development offer, supported by a commitment to offering you 5 days a year to spend in continuous professional development (CPD), and opportunities to access specialist training.
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support.
• A culture, which takes pride in and actively celebrates social work and promotes relationship and strengths based practice.
You can read more about these and other benefits of working in Durham in the attached document.
Removal, lodging and separation expenses may be available to you, if at the time of application for appointment you place of residence is outside the administrative area of County Durham and in excess of 30 miles in a straight line from the their new administrative centre, along with a number of other criteria for eligibility.
Salary: Grade 12 with corresponding salaries £36,922 - £40,876 plus £2,500 lump sum recruitment and retention allowance (reviewed annually) is payable to the permanent available post only.
For further information about the post please contact Team Manager Lisa Gallagher-Dent
via email to Lisa.Gallagher-Dent@durham.gov.uk
• Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PDDipSW) Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS)
• Current Social Work England Registration
• Commitment to work towards Practice assessor qualification PA1 and 2 in line with skills for care good practice.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
Interviews will be held virtually via Teams on 5th October 2021
The posts will be based at an approved team location however, you may be required to work at any Council workplace within County Durham.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact Payroll & Employee Services on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.