Library Engagement Assistant (Saturday's only)
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/09/2021 23:59
£19,312 per annum (pro rata)
This job is fixed term for one year.
We are looking for someone to join our Libraries team as we embark upon an exciting future with a £2.9M capital investment in our Central Library which will focus on celebrating the heritage of our building whilst retaining and developing new audiences for the future.
Our aim is to provide a high quality, engagement led, customer focused library and information service to a wide range of users and we are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our customer facing team.
The successful candidate will work on a Saturday in a customer facing role in our Central Library and be able to engage with a wide variety of audiences promoting all aspects and benefits of our service whilst maintaining high levels of customer service at all times.
Your reward for working at the Council goes beyond the salary you receive. In addition to pay, we are committed to offering a wide range of benefits. Such as:
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase Additional Annual Leave (pro rata)
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car leasing scheme
• Cycle to Work scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• Reduced cost membership to the Council’s leisure centre Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to conditions
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to conditions
• Access to a wide range of training
• Discounted Arriva Bus Travel Pass
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description, Person Specification and indicative hours. For an informal discussion, please contact Laura Pattison on 01325 349610.
This job is closed for applications.