DBS1053/21 Specialist Support Assistant - Benton Dene School
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£18,695.73 - £20,192.94 pa
Schools - Support
Benton Dene School, Hailsham Avenue, Longbenton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8FD.
Required, as soon as possible, an enthusiastic and highly motivated Specialist Support Assistant to work in the Language and Communication Team.
The Language and Communication Team is a North Tyneside commissioned service. The team is staffed by specialist teachers and special support assistants who provide assessment, advice, support, teaching and monitoring for pupils with specific speech, language and communication difficulties in a variety of educational settings. These include pupils with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
We are seeking to appoint a specialist support assistant who:
• Has an understanding of the development of language and communication skills.
• Understands the difficulties presented in educational settings as a result of language and communication needs including autism spectrum disorder.
• Has knowledge and understanding of effective strategies for supporting pupils with a range of SLCN.
• Is able to demonstrate effective classroom strategies.
• Has experience in supporting pupils in the classroom, in secondary settings.
This post is permanent, term time only over 193 days, 37 hours per week.
Enhanced DBS clearance is required.
For further information, informal discussion or visit, please contact Sue Wilson, Team Manager, Language and Communication Team at Benton Dene School, Tel: 0191 466 1814 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Packs are available from and should be returned to:
or paper copies returned by post to
Ms Tracy Fitzgerald, Admin Officer, Language and Communication Team, at Benton Dene School, Hailsham Avenue, Longbenton. NE12 8FD
Closing date for applications, noon Friday 24th September 2021.
Interviews will be held week commencing 4th October 2021.