A69 Contract Manager - North Pennine Link Group.3926
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£32,910 - £36,922
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Tyne Mills Depot
A69 Contract Manager - North Pennine Link Group
Salary £32,910 - £36,922
Permanent, Full Time
To co-ordinate the resources and Manage North Pennine Link Group (NPLG) to meet their Contractual requirements, through the Partnership made up of two local authorities(Northumberland County Council, Newcastle City Council), who hold the A69 Routine Maintenance Contract with Road Link (A69) Ltd. Ensure the contract is fulfilled through delivery of all routine highway and structure maintenance operations, inspections and technical surveys on the A69 Trunk Road, effectively using resources from the two Partners and their framework suppliers.
1. Act as first line manager and co-ordinate the programming of works to effectively deploy resources from each Partner and their framework suppliers to achieve the contract service objectives whilst maximising the role of the Partner authority.
2. Provide a lead role in the coordination and implementation of health and safety measures required by CDM 2015 during the planning and implementation of the works.
3. Lead on the delivery of all routine highway and structure maintenance operations, inspections and technical surveys on the A69 Trunk Road.
4. Provide a lead role in the maintenance and operation of NPLG’s quality management system (ISO 9001).
5. Represent the Partnership at a range of meetings related to the contract and in response to enquiries from Councillors, members of the public and others.
6. Involvement for financial management through forecasting, monthly invoicing and distribution of payments across the Partnership.
7. Negotiate additional works for the Partners with Road Link (A69) Ltd as part of their capital renewal programme or Highways England improvements
8. Monitor and manage the performance of the Partners through a monthly appraisal system to ensure continuous improvement and contract service requirements are being adhered to.
9. Support the development of staff within the Partnership through training and development.
10. Co-ordinate all HR issues for the workforce including training, remuneration etc and take responsibility for the workforce issues.
11. Promote and maintain a positive / constructive relationship with colleagues and external contacts to promote effective partnership arrangements to secure the delivery of high-quality services.
12. Promote good relations with all other groups of the Council to maximise performance of its functions and to achieve a co-ordinated approach to the development and provision of service.
For a copy of the job description/person specification please see the supporting documents.
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
· 25 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays (rising to 30 after 5 years of service)(pro-rata for part-time employees) · Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
· Flexi scheme applicable to majority of roles
· Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
· A commitment to work-life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, part-year working, and compressed hours
· Car Leasing Scheme
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please check the Northumberland Council Website.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored in the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please also let the team know.
Closing date for applications is midnight on 21st September 2021