SEND Teaching Assistant/Nursery Nurse - Grindon Infant School x 3
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£20,092 - £21,748
Schools - Support
Grindon Infant School
GRINDON INFANT SCHOOL
Gleneagles Road, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, SR4 9QN
Tel: 0191 3401931
Email: grindon.infant@ schools.sunderland.gov.uk
Head Teacher: Mrs A Charlton
Teaching Assistant/ Nursery Nurse with SEND Experience (3 Posts)
Grade 3 – point 07-11
Post 1 - 20 hours per week (8:30am – 12:30 pm Monday to Friday) Temporary Contract
Post 2 - 15 hours per week (1pm-4pm – Monday to Friday) Temporary Contract
Post 3 - 20 hours per week (8:30am – 12:30 pm Monday to Friday) Temporary Contract
Please note - same candidate can apply for 2 posts.
Required from November until the child moves to a specialist provision.
The Governors of Grindon Infant School would like to offer an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and creative Teaching Assistant/Nursery Nurse with current outstanding practice in EYFS/KS1 and experience of working with children with additional needs to join the School team.
The successful candidates will:
• Have experience in working within a School setting and have the full and relevant qualification.
• Have recent experience of working with children who have additional needs.
• Have recent experience of supporting children with ASD.
• Have knowledge of the Autism Spectrum.
• Have a GCSE qualification in English and Mathematics at Grade C or above(or equivalent)
• Be enthusiastic about working with young children, and be able to relate well to staff, parents and children.
• Be a dedicated and hardworking practitioner.
• Have a good understanding of child development and of how young children learn.
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work flexibly either on own or as part of a team.
• Understand the importance of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We will offer:
• A dedicated, energetic, highly motivated and supportive team of staff.
• Opportunities for further professional development.
• Friendly, positive and well-behaved children.
• The opportunity to make a difference!
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Grindon Infant School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Application forms and a job description are available to download from the school website: www.grindoninfantschool.sunderland.sch.uk.
Completed applications should be returned to Grindon Infant School, Gleneagles Road, Grindon, Sunderland, SR4 9QN
This post is not open to job share.
Closing Date: Friday 1st October-9am
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 5th October
Interview Date: Tuesday 12th October