Teaching Assistant - Link School
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/09/2021 12:00
£20,092 - £21,748
Schools - Support
Link School, Sunderland Headteacher: Mrs Donna Walker BSc (Hons)
Springwell Dene, Swindon Road, Sunderland SR3 4EE
Tel: 0191 561 5777
Pallion Centre, Waverley Terrace, Sunderland SR4 6TA
Tel: 0191 561 4777
The Link School is recognised nationally as one of the leading schools in Alternative Provision.
It supports the diverse needs of young people in Sunderland many of whom are extremely vulnerable and challenging. We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably qualified member of staff who has the commitment to improve the academic outcomes of our young learners, as well as seeking to support them in understanding their own emotions and consequences of their behaviour. The school offers a supportive working environment, a strong commitment to CPD and career opportunities. We are a Centre of Excellence for Inclusion, and a Platinum Anti-Bullying School.
Applications are welcomed for the following post:-
Teaching Assistant (Primary)
Grade 3 (SCP 18-20) £20,092 - £21,748 pro rata to weeks worked
Full time – Term Time plus three weeks
Required As soon as possible
We are recruiting for an enthusiastic and dedicated teaching assistant who will support in a range of lessons within school.
The successful teaching assistant will;
• Support teachers and HLTAs in the planning, preparing and teaching of lessons, supporting learner’s educational needs, making reference to prior attainment and special educational needs.
• Support in lessons across the age and ability range in school, challenging and inspiring students of all abilities.
• Be able to undertake activities with either individuals or groups of children.
• Contribute to the implementation of the curriculum.
• Set high behaviour expectations, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through positive and productive relationships with learners.
• Have an interest in Outdoor Education.
• Be able to work collaboratively with colleagues as part of a professional team; and carrying out roles effectively, knowing when to seek help and advice from colleagues.
• Build and maintain successful relationships with pupils, parents/carers and staff.
• Be committed to contribute to the wider life of the school.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to contact the Headteacher to discuss the post further and to arrange an informal visit. Please ring 0191 561 5777 and ask for Kirsty Wilson to arrange a visit.
The Link School, Sunderland is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a criminal record check from the Criminal Records Bureau.
Applications to be requested from Kirsty Wilson Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org and returned to Kirsty by e mail or post.
Closing date: Friday 17 September 2021 Noon
Shortlisting date: week commencing: To be confirmed
Interviews: To Be Confirmed
This job is closed for applications.