Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£18,562 - £18,933 pro rata
Schools - Support
Chester-le-Street CE Primary School
Grade 2 £18,562 - £18,933 pro rata
Required as soon as possible
The children, staff and governors of Chester-le-Street Primary School are looking for practical and well-motivated people for the post of Caretaker to join our team of committed staff. We especially want someone who will really care for our school, ensuring it looks its best, is safe and exemplifies the high expectations we have of our children.
The role will include a wide range of responsibilities and duties connected with the fabric of the building, health and safety, grounds and facilities maintenance and security.
You will need to:
• be a hands on individual who can develop and implement systems/procedures as well as maintain current ones
• be sympathetic to environmental concerns regarding the school and grounds
• be able to prepare and implement risk assessments and any recommendations •
• contribute to projects and maintenance schedules
• be practical, with good DIY skills.
We can offer:
• a rapidly changing school with happy, polite children
• good professional development opportunities
• a caring, committed and inclusive ethos
• a committed friendly, supportive staff team.
Working pattern is 6am-11am / 1pm-6pm (25 hours per week)
Plus additional out of hours and weekends to support with lettings
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Candidates should be flexible to support the School to provide lettings opportunities to the community we serve, this will include some evening and weekend additional hours.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by contacting our office for a tour of the school.
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: Tuesday 28th September 2021 at 12 noon
Interview date: TBC
Chester-Le-Street CE Primary School