Senior Science Technician - Egglescliffe School and Sixth Form College (Vision Academy Learning Trust)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Support
Term Time + 5 days only
Egglescliffe is a highly successful and oversubscribed mixed comprehensive 11 – 18 school. Our visitors comment on the extremely positive learning atmosphere at the school and the focus on every student achieving and exceeding their potential.
We also hold the following national awards:
* Ofsted Outstanding School Status * National Teaching School * Sport England Sportsmark * Healthy School Award
• A positive and caring ethos and working atmosphere
• Friendly children, eager to learn and achieve
• A committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team
• Excellent support from the Governing Body, the staff and parents
• Opportunities for career development
We seek to appoint a suitably qualified Senior Science technician – with experience of supporting a science department in delivering an outstanding curriculum. This employee will report to the Subject leader for science
The successful candidate must have:
• Experience of working in an educational provision and ideally relevant qualifications in science.
• The ability to manage the support for the delivery of the science curriculum
• The ability to line manage other support staff within the science department
• The ability to allocate and monitor work to ensure the department runs efficiently
• The ability to help plan lessons by preparing materials and resources.
• To lead on discrete areas - responsible for design and delivery of support requiring advanced level of knowledge.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with collaborative schools that are passionate about the progress and development of every student.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.
For further information about the role and to download an application form, please visit either www.egglescliffe.org.uk and send your completed application to: Mrs T Probert, PA to the Head Teacher and SLT, via email to: email@example.com
Interviews w/c: 4th October 2021