Temporary Enhanced Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Temporary)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/09/2021 23:59
£20,092 - £22,183 pro rata
Schools - Support
St John’s Chapel Primary School
Temporary Enhanced Teaching Assistant - 1:1 Support
Grade 5 £20,092 - £22,183 pro rata
1:1 temporary contract until the child no longer attends this school or until SEND funding ceases to be available
Start date as soon as possible
Staff and governors are seeking to appoint a highly effective, caring, enthusiastic and experienced SEND learning support assistant to join our federation of small rural primary schools. The successful candidate will work at St John’s Chapel Primary School, but may occasionally be required to work at one of our other schools.
Candidates will have experience of working with pupils with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities, including Autism and associated difficulties.
The role involves working 1:1, supporting a child in LKS2 with social communication and emotional difficulties across the school day.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Has experience of working 1:1 with pupils with social, communication difficulties and emotional difficulties
• Will be able to improve the communication and interaction of the supported pupil
• Will be able to support the emotional needs of the pupil
• Has a proven track record of working with pupils with SEND and of delivering a personalised curriculum either in SEND settings or in mainstream schools
• Will support the sensory needs of the pupil
• Will be able to support engagement and challenge the cognition and learning of the pupil
• Will be able to work on pupil’s support plan targets (EHCP targets if applicable)
• Has experience of working closely with class teacher/SENDCO and other professionals
• Is flexible, pro-active and hands on
• Has vision, energy and enthusiasm for this challenge and has excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
• Is experienced in establishing and maintaining good professional relationships
We can offer:
• A warm, welcoming and friendly school community with excellent parental support
• The support of an enthusiastic, ambitious and dedicated team of staff and governors
• The privilege to work with well-behaved and enthusiastic children who love coming to school and are eager to learn;
• Continued professional development from within and additional extended support from external providers
For more information please contact the school office between the hours of 8am and 4pm. We can organise a Teams meeting with key members of staff.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: Monday 20th September 2021
Interview date: Week commencing 27th September 2021
St John’s Chapel Primary School,
Upper Durham Dales Federation
St John’s Chapel,
Tel: 01388 537332
This job is closed for applications.