Head of Art - All Saints Academy
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£25,714 - £41,604 Annually (Main/Upper Pay Range) plus a TLR 2a allowance
Schools - Teaching
Required from January 2022
An opportunity is available to join the staff of our popular and high achieving 11-16 Church of England Academy. All Saints opened as a new build school in September 2003 with an intended capacity of 600 students. In 2017 Governors commenced the expansion of our student intake from 120 to 150 each year to achieve a revised net capacity of 750. This has been revised further to allow for expansion to a net capacity of 900, this commenced in September 2019.
The academy can offer:
• A working environment with a strong sense of community and moral purpose.
• Hard working pupils.
• A dedicated staff, committed to achieving the best outcomes for their pupils, through high quality pastoral care and Teaching & Learning.
• A supportive Governing body.
• A wide range of professional development opportunities, within the academy’s context and the wider Trust.
From January 2022 we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Head of Art to work within the Arts Faculty in developing Art and to teach to GCSE level across the full age and ability range as part of the academy’s successful Arts Faculty. The Arts Faculty have excellent facilities (including interactive boards in each classroom). We are looking for a suitably experienced teacher who has the drive, enthusiasm and ability to support the development of Art that is offered to all students in the academy.
Candidates will need to demonstrate that they:
• Are an outstanding teacher
• Have excellent subject knowledge and the ability to consistently teach inspirational lessons
• Have good organisational and communication skills
• Are innovative, creative, enthusiastic – able to deliver results
• Have an ability and willingness to make a broader contribution to the life of the Academy
Come and work with us in our “outstanding school” (OFSTED 2015)
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our academy is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Application forms and further information are available from, and should be returned to, the academy. Emailed applications can be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept CVs.
Applicants who wish to visit the academy are welcome. Please contact Mrs S Wells at the academy to make an appointment.
Interview Date: Week commencing 04/10/2021
All Saints Academy, Blair Avenue, Ingleby Barwick, Stockton-on-Tees, TS17 5BL. Tel No: 01642 754650 Website: www.allsaintsib.org