Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Grade 5 £20,092 - £22,183
An approved team location
Children and Young People’s Services
Education and Skills
Progression and Learning
Progression Mentor – full time – temporary until 30/06/2022
Salary - £20,092 – £22,183 - Grade 5
You will be based in a locality within County Durham. However, you may be required to work at any Durham County Council location, according to the needs of the service.
We are seeking to appoint numerous Progression Mentors to engage with and provide support to young people, to enable them to progress into and remain in education, employment or training, as part of their successful transition into adult life.
The successful candidate will be required:
• To assist in the planning and delivery of creative approaches to engage with young people, including delivery of outreach activities in community based settings.
• To deliver specific activities to support young people’s participation in Education, Employment or Training, as directed by Progression Advisors and Progression Workers. This includes groupwork (e.g. Work Related Learning activities, job preparation workshops covering topics such as CV building, job search, completing job applications, travel training and youth engagement activities.)
• To assist in the tracking of young people’s Education, Employment and Training destinations, in order to identify those who require support - in line with procedures and local area plans.
• To accurately maintain and update client records using the Local Authority’s Client Caseload Information System (including all interventions, follow-ups and destinations), in order to contribute to accurate Management Information.
• To work in the interests of young people through challenging stereotypes and promoting equal opportunities.
A full list of duties and responsibilities can be found in the attached documents.
Required Qualifications: Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
For further information about this post please contact Stephen Crass via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is anticipated that interviews will be held week commencing 11th October 2021. Interviews will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line via the jobs portal or for further assistance contact the Payroll and Employee Services Team on telephone no. 03000 266148 or email
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.