DBS1062/21 Manager - Out of School Club - Cullercoats Primary School
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£13,273.68 - £14,336.67 pa
Schools - Support
Cullercoats Primary School, Marden Avenue, Cullercoats, NE30 4PB
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Out of School/Childcare Manager to work as part of our team and contribute to the outstanding education, care, safety, welfare, wellbeing, happiness and behaviour that we strive to achieve for the pupils at our school.
Cullercoats Primary School is a popular two form entry school situated close to the coastline, metro and local services within the community. The school has a particular strength in Physical Education and outdoor learning. The school is one of the largest Primary Schools in North Tyneside and is currently attracting and serving 460 children from the local community.
Our Out Of School Club is very popular and very successful. On average 60+ children pay day access the provision before and after school.
The role comprises of a split shift, 5 days per week, term time only over 195 days covering both the before and after school provision. (7.30 am – 9 am and 2.30 pm – 5.30 pm Monday to Thursday and 2.30 pm – 5 pm Friday) (approx. times) 26 hours per week. This is a permanent post.
If you would like to know more about the school and the essential and desirable requirements of the post, arrange a visit (which is very much encouraged). Tel: 0191 643 3204 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children
• Dedicated, hardworking and talented staff who are passionate about what they do
• A skilled, ambitious governing body, committed to helping the school move forward
• Supportive parents/carers
• Professional development opportunities
Our children would like for you to be:
• Someone that listens to us, is interested in what we say and includes our ideas
• Someone with lots of ideas and who organises exciting activities
• Someone who reads us stories
• Someone who is helpful and looks after us if we are hurt
• Someone who knows how to handle a bad situation
• Someone who is a bit strict and a lot nice
• Someone who is a good negotiator
• Someone who is cheerful and can make a rainy day happy
You will have:
• Detailed knowledge of childcare, child development and the Early Years Foundation Stage
• An excellent track record of successful leadership and/or management in a school or relevant childcare setting
• Knowledge of quality childcare practice to encompass the wide breadth of 3-11 years
• Experience of Safeguarding and Child Protection
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and inspire
• The ability to initiate, manage and embed improvements effectively
• An excellent track record in developing and managing highly-effective teams
• The ability to take well informed decisions and delegate tasks effectively
Cullercoats Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
An application form and job description are attached and available to download from this advert.
Please return no later than Friday 24th September 2021 12 noon -