Street Lighting Electrician
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£26,258 Per Annum.
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Lingfield Depot, Darlington, DL1 4GD
Darlington Borough Council are seeking to employ a Street Lighting Electrician to join our Highways team which are based at Lingfield Depot Darlington.
The successful candidate would be expected to carry out routine and responsive maintenance/repairs, testing and inspection and be involved in new installations on new schemes involving Street Lighting and associated Street Furniture, identify cable faults on public lighting services as required, install signing and guarding in accordance with RASWA guidelines.
You will be a time served electrician with a modern apprenticeship qualification or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in an electrical engineering environment. Knowledge of 18th edition IEE regulations are essential. An ability to read and understand drawings and specifications and an understanding of safe working practices is also a key criteria of this post.
There would be an expectation that the successful candidate will be part of a call out ROTA to deal with any street lighting out of hour emergencies.
Your reward for working at the Council goes beyond the salary you receive. In addition to pay, we are committed to offering a wide range of benefits. Such as:
• 31 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays, with option to purchase Additional Annual Leave (pro rata)
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme with option to make Additional Voluntary Contributions
• Flexi-time scheme
• Enhanced Maternity/Paternity and Adoption Leave payments
• Green Car leasing scheme
• Cycle to Work scheme in partnership with Halfords
• Access to free Physiotherapy sessions
• Access to free, confidential counselling
• Reduced cost membership to the Council’s leisure centre Fit for Life Package
• Season ticket car parking permits or subsidised Town Centre parking permits subject to conditions
• Access to Childcare Vouchers scheme subject to conditions
• Access to a wide range of training
• Discounted Arriva Bus Travel Pass
For further details please see job description and person specification.
For an informal discussion please contact Malcolm Mills, Highways Construction Manager on 01325 406605