Teaching Assistant or HLTA - Linton Primary School
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£13,106 - £15,054 (dependent on qualifications)
Schools - Support
Linton Primary School
Linton Primary School is a small school with a huge sense of pride in our unique learning community. We have a family ethos and value the contribution everyone makes towards the success of the school.
We offer a broad and balanced curriculum which is based on the individual interests of our learners. Learning adventures are tailored to address the needs of all individuals in our care and provide them with suitable challenge. Further information about the school can be found on our website.
The Headteacher and Governors are looking to appoint a highly motivated HLTA or TA to deliver targeted interventions with a strong focus on Literacy. The successful candidate would be required to start as soon as possible following appointment.
Whilst the HLTA qualification is desirable, for the right candidate this is not essential in order to be considered for this post.
The role will include:
• delivering successful interventions in reading, writing and maths to support pupils across the key stages in increasing their attainment in basic key skills
• to undertake practical, supervisory and support work in order to assist teachers in delivering high quality learning to pupils in specific areas
• to deliver targeted interventions to meet a range of needs
• work with teachers to plan and develop a programme for pupils with identified learning difficulties
• to manage pupils in accordance with school’s behaviour policy
• to maintain careful records on each child as a basis for instruction and monitoring, providing written reports and attending meetings as necessary and provide regular feedback to staff as appropriate
• the upkeep of the school library
• to contribute to breakfast / extra-curricular clubs
The successful candidate must have:
• excellent classroom management skills;
• experience of meeting a range of Special Educational Needs & Disabilities;
• recent experience of working with children with SEND;
• confidence in their own literacy and numeracy skills;
• the highest expectations of pupil progress;
• resilience and be self-motivated;
• a positive outlook and a nurturing approach
Application forms can be downloaded from the website or are available from the school by contacting the school office.
Completed applications should be returned directly to school either by post addressed to Mrs Samantha Mason, Linton Primary School, Linton, Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61 5SG
or by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 12 noon Friday 24th September 2021.
Please note that references will be requested prior to interview.
Interviews will be held during the week commencing Monday 27th September 2021.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and will be carried out in line with our Covid-19 risk assessment and Government guidelines. All visits will take place after normal school hours. Please contact Christine Sykes, our school Admin Officer on 01670 860361 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an informal visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Salary amounts quoted are subject to an equated salary adjustment if you commence employment part way through the academic year.