Temporary Early Years Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Temporary)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Schools - Support
Framwellgate Moor Primary School
Early Years Teaching Assistant
Grade 3 £18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Required as soon as possible
Temporary until Wednesday 20th July 2022
Framwellgate Moor Primary is an Outstanding school who seeks to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work in our Early Years. The candidates should be enthusiastic and committed to support Butterflies and Caterpillar Nursery in the role as Keyworker.
The successful candidate will:
• Be creative, enthusiastic practioner who brings their own style and skills to support the excellent work developed in our Outstanding school.
• Be a caring and understanding person who enjoys working with children and who is committed to supporting high standards and enjoyment of learning.
• Have the ability to work in a close team to achieve the best for our children and school community.
• Have a desire to be involved in all aspects of school life.
Essential Experience: Been employed or have significant voluntary work experience in the Early Years previously.
The Application form and Job Description are attached to this Job Advertisement. If you require a paper copy please email the following address Framwellgate.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the school.
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment and Selection policy, please note we are unable to accept CVs. Any information provided on CVs will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd September at 12 noon
Observed Activities: Monday 27th – Thursday 30th September
Interview date: Friday 1st October
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service. Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave. Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
This post is not open to job share.
Framwellgate Moor Primary School
Tel: 0191 3865400