Lunchtime Supervisors (x2)
Term-time only (Permanent)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/09/2021 23:59
Schools - Support
North Park Primary School
Lunchtime Supervisor (x2)
Grade 1 £ 18,562 pro rata
Required from 4th October 2021, or as soon as possible
North Park Primary School is a happy and friendly school. We are seeking to employ two Lunchtime Supervisors to join our team. We are looking for someone who can develop good relationships with children in our friendly and caring school, to support children over the lunchtime period, including with play.
Working hours are: 11.50am to 1.05pm (6.25 hours per week)
The Post Requires:
• Supervision of children in the dining hall, assisting children as required, clearing plates and cleaning tables.
• Organising and implementing outside games and activities to encourage play and enjoyment at lunchtime.
• Setting and maintaining high standards of behaviour and routine.
• Responding to the different needs and interests of children; administering basic first aid.
• Organising activities for wet playtimes in classrooms.
• Working closely with other lunchtime colleagues.
• Good communication skills with pupils and other school staff.
Essential Experiences and Qualities:
• Experience of caring for/working with young people.
• A positive attitude towards children.
• Ability to follow guidance and work within a team.
• Willingness to learn and undertake further training.
• Self-motivated, flexible, reliable and hardworking.
Candidates will have to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. North Park Primary School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is paid whole time with retainer adjustments applied to periods of school closure. You will not be required to work during the school closure periods however your salary in these periods will be adjusted accordingly in line with the retainer regulations as specified in the National Joint Council (NJC) Green Book agreement.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Application packs are available from, and returnable to the school office.
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd September 2021
We anticipate interviews will take place on Monday 27th September 2021
We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your application.
North Park Primary School
This job is closed for applications.