4421 Regeneration Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£32,234 - £35,745 pa
Regeneration/ Economic Development
Any location within North Tyneside
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a key role in the Regeneration and Economic Development service to support the Council’s regeneration projects throughout the borough. Our Ambition , sets out our priorities for the coming years and we have already been successful in levering in external funding to help kick start the work in North Shields. We are also focusing on projects and masterplans for the north west of the borough and the other town centres of Wallsend and Whitley Bay.
The successful candidate will undertake a full and varied role of project support , development and monitoring across the whole regeneration workstream.
• Project manage and deliver specific regeneration initiatives and projects
• Co-ordinate funding and staff resources to develop and implement regeneration projects
• Commission and oversee contract work as appropriate
• Help ensure that the Directorate is informed on all new major regeneration initiatives, trends and opportunities together with their implications
• Foster cross-cutting working across Regeneration, the wider Directorate and the Council
• Develop relationships, policies and projects with external agencies
• Develop service targets, performance management and staff development programmes
• Develop area and topic based regeneration strategies
• Manage projects to time and budget
• Seek to maximise external funding opportunities
• Make a major contribution to land use strategies within the Borough.
• Lead on specific regeneration initiatives and projects
• Where appropriate lead on negotiations with the private sector and funding partners on specific regeneration and development proposals
• Represent the Council in external partnerships as required
• Identify the synergies and help bring together physical regeneration, community, employment and business development initiatives
• Carry out any other duties commensurate with the post as required
For an informal discussion, please contact Graham Sword on (0191) 643 6421.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.