Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
19,312 - 19,698 FTE
Schools - Support
Mickley First School
Mickley First School & Nursery
Part Time Term Time plus 5 days
Variable hours contract range 15-30, initially 22.5 hours per week
Band 3 - point 5 to point 6
£19,312 to £19,698 [FTE] per annum (£10,088 to £10,290 pro rata)
Mickley First School & Nursery is one of the nine schools in the Tyne Community Learning Trust (TCLT).
Mickley First School & Nursery is a happy and ambitious first school with a caring and friendly ethos. We have a strong staff team and supportive school community. Further information about the school can be found on our website.
Our governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated School Cook to join our very successful team as soon as possible to replace our cook who retired at the end of the summer.
You will be required to
- Prepare, cook and serve food following agreed menus and accommodating any
special dietary requirements.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the school kitchen including equipment and surrounding working areas.
- Set up and clear away after lunch including, washing up and clearing tables and chairs.
- Comply with all food and Health and Safety standards and regulations.
- Take responsibility for maintaining and ordering stock and ensure appropriate storage and labelling procedures are followed.
The successful candidate must:
- have a basic food hygiene certificate
- knowledge of health and safety regulations
- have ability to adapt and organise self and work without supervision
- have recent and relevant experience of working in a school kitchen
- have confidence in their own literacy and numeracy skills
- have a sense of humour
The working pattern will be:
Monday to Friday - 9am to 1.30pm.
In return we can offer the chance to be part of a well-established and successful school team.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is required for this post.
Informal discussions or visits to the school prior to interview are encouraged. Please contact Julie Bishop to find out more. Tel: 01661 842269
Application forms can be downloaded from this website and are also available from the school by telephoning the school office.
Completed applications should be returned directly to the school either by post to
J.Bishop, Mickley First School, West Road, Mickley NE43 7BG or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 4th October 2021