Term-time only (Permanent)
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Schools - Support
Chester-le-Street CE Primary School
Level 3 Administrative Assistant
Grade 3 £18,933-£19,698 pro rota
Required as soon as possible
Required for October 2021 or as soon as possible after.
The children, staff and governors of Chester-le-Street Primary School are looking for a practical and well-motivated person for the post of Admin Assistant to join our team of committed staff.
You will need to:
• Provide a high quality administrative and reception support to the school.
• have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, to effectively deal with pupils, parents, staff and visitors.
• Be able to work under pressure in a busy school office, prioritising workload and meeting deadlines.
We can offer:
• a rapidly changing school with happy, polite children
• good professional development opportunities
• a caring, committed and inclusive ethos
• a committed friendly, supportive staff team.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by contacting our office for a tour of the school.
Calculation of term time only pay
Standard term time only pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive
31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 44.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 45.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Chester-Le-Street CE Primary School