Child and Family Support Officer
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£22,333 - £23,810
Schools - Support
Newcastle upon Tyne,
Child and Family Support Officer – Temporary - Maternity cover
Grade – SCP 23 -25 £22,333- £23,810 per annum (£26,999 - £28,785 pro rata)
37 hours per week, Full Time, Term Time Only (38 weeks)
Required from 1st November 2021 or as soon after this date as possible
Vacancy Reference: WB/CFL/TEMP/SEP21/NM
Welbeck Academy is looking to appoint an approachable, enthusiastic and talented individual to join our Welfare Team. As a child and family support officer, you will play a key part in identifying and supporting vulnerable children and families through Early Help.
This role is the perfect role for someone who is experienced in undertaking focused and purposeful family support in the family home and in school as required. You will work closely with a highly skilled Welfare Team and have wider opportunities to work in partnership with other officers across WISE Academies.
The Child and Family Support Officer performs a key role in developing and maintaining effective partnerships with parents/carers and supporting specific families through Early Help. A primary function of this role is to support vulnerable children to overcome barriers to learning.
The successful candidate will:
• Uphold safeguarding systems and procedures within WISE Academies
• Provide a positive offer of support to parents/carers – liaise to arrange training, parent
• Workshops suitable for our community’s needs.
• Acknowledge the importance of the parents’ role in supporting their young person to achieve
• Clear understanding of the Early Help procedures.
• Deal in a preventative way with issues which may arise in a pupil’s home or in their education
• Encourage parents to enter into a mutually-beneficial partnership with the school
• Be able to open up channels to discuss additional family support, training and other needs for individual families
• Be able to build up a body of good practice, which can be shared with others.
If you are skilled and experienced in engaging face-to-face with parents/carers, academy staff and others to deliver this level of positive support, this post offers you a valuable opportunity to increase your existing skills and experience.
WISE Academies safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subjects to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Applicants must have authorisation to work in the U.K.
For an application pack and further details, please see the supporting documents section of this advert. For any queries, please contact WISE Recruitment Team by telephone 0191 7070125 [option 5] or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms can be returned by email to email@example.com quoting the vacancy reference WB/CFL/TEMP/SEP21/NM
Closing Date: 12.00 noon on Thursday, 30th September 2021
Shortlisting: Tuesday, 5th October 2021
Interviews: Tuesday, 12th October 2021
If you have not received any notification before the interview date, please presume that your application has been unsuccessful.