Learning Support Assistants x 2
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£16,000 per annum
Schools - Support
Backworth, Tyne & Wear
Parkside House School is seeking to employ a hardworking and resilient individual to work as a Learning Support Assistant supporting children with Autism Spectrum Conditions (ASC) and moderate learning difficulties (MLD). The successful candidate will work as part of a dedicated team and provide high quality assistance for our pupils in order to maximise each and every child’s potential
• Support pupils to access education in an environment tailored to their specific needs
• Build strong trustworthy relationships with all pupils and be able to provide a high level of intensive emotional support to specific pupils in and outside the classroom.
• To support all Teaching Staff provide learning activities for individuals/groups of pupils.
• To Provide 1:1 support for pupils when necessary.
• Establish and maintain good relationships with families, carers and professionals To address and support pupils displaying inappropriate behaviours.
The successful candidate should:
• Have some recent relevant experience in a similar role, ideally supporting children with autism, we accept applicants with relevant backgrounds such as mainstream education/ care/nursing care.
• Possess vital transferrable skills required to be able to support children with autism, including patience, resilience, confidence, and a calm and nurturing approach.
• Be able to assist learning on a 1:1 or a group basis – depending on the requirement.
• Have experience of handling challenging behaviour effectively
• Be an effective team player
• Be self-motivated and display initiative within the workplace and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Please email completed application form to email@example.com
or post to; Parkside House School, Station Road Backworth, Tyne & Wear NE27 0AB
PHS is committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a Safer Recruitment Process including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promotes safeguarding and safer working practice across the whole school.