Teaching Assistant Level 2
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/10/2021 15:00
Schools - Support
The Academy is looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced TA to provide 1 to 1 support for a child within our Reception / KS1 High Needs Base with complex additional learning needs.
We offer a lively, inclusive learning environment where every child is valued and ‘given the chance to shine’.
The successful candidate must have:
• Good standards of English and verbal communication skills.
• Experience of supporting the teaching and learning of early Maths and English skills within a school setting.
• The ability to work under direction of class teachers and higher level teaching assistants.
• Experience of working with individuals or small groups on directed tasks from the teacher.
• Experience of supporting behaviour and personal care needs.
• An ability to work in line with ECHP's / SEND Support Plan outcomes.
• Ability and experience of keeping pupil records / notes and feeding back to the class teacher.
• The ability to work as part of a whole school team.
• Initiative and the ability to work flexibly and be adaptable.
• Ability to motivate and engage children in learning.
• Commitment to their own professional learning and engaging in training.
• Experience or knowledge of alternative communication methods, such as Makaton or PECS (preferable)
• A friendly and dynamic working environment.
• Excellent CPD opportunities.
• An atmosphere where the sharing of good practice and skills are encouraged – everyone is a ‘learner’.
• High expectations of pupil behaviour and pupil progress.
• Enthusiastic children!
The successful applicant must be reliable and adaptable, have positive attitudes and be able to engage actively in a wide range of activities. The successful candidate will need to show good levels of initiative.
Easterside Academy is a caring and supportive school, where we celebrate the achievement of all our pupils and strive towards continuous improvement. Our school ethos is one of commitment to the education of the whole child, fostering parental and community engagement and nurturing a sense of belonging.
The successful candidate will join a team of teaching assistants committed to raising standards and providing quality support to the teaching and learning agenda.
Easterside Academy is committed to the professional development of all staff.
Closing date: Friday 22nd October 2021 at 12 noon.
Short Listing: 22nd October
Interviews: Monday 1st November 2021
Application packs are available from the school Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or phone: 01642 273006 to have an application e-mailed over to you.
Alternatively you can call into the school in person to collect a pack.
Easterside Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This job is closed for applications.