Term-time only (Permanent)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/10/2021 12:00
£18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Schools - Support
Finchale Primary School
Grade 3 £18,933 - £19,968 pro rata
7.5 hours per week
Required as soon as possible
The Governors of Finchale Primary School are looking for an experienced Administration Assistant to support the school for one day per week.
We are looking for someone who:
• can be flexible with the days they work, to provide cover for our School Office Manager as and when required
• can uphold our school ethos and values
• is able to work independently and use their initiative, as well as being able to follow direction
• can work as part of a team
• has excellent communication skills, both in writing and face to face
• can deal effectively with pupils, parents, staff and visitors
• understands the issues and concerns of young people
• is able to work under pressure in a busy school office, prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Calculation of term time only pay
Standard term time only pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 44.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
38 weeks (term time) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 45.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: Monday 18th October 2021 at 12 noon
Interview date: Week commencing 1st November 2021
Finchale Primary School
Tel: 0191 386 5187
This job is closed for applications.