Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 05/11/2021 23:59
NJC 7 - £20,092 FTE - £15,048.85 Actual Salary
Schools - Support
Higher Level Teaching Assistant
NJC 7 - £20,092 FTE
32.5 hours a week, 39 weeks per year
Start Date: As soon as possible
North Ormesby Primary Academy is a special place. Everything we do is for our children and our community, which is why Ofsted grade us as an ‘outstanding’ school. We are looking for an experienced EYFS practitioner with strong knowledge in phonics delivery.
"You are determined to provide all pupils with the very highest quality of teaching so that they are better equipped for the next stage of their education. You encourage all pupils to have high aspirations for their future by helping each individual to discover what makes them remarkable." (Ofsted, June 2019)
We are a small community primary based on the outskirts of Middlesbrough serving an area of high challenge and social deprivation. Our staff are enthusiastic and committed to improving outcomes for children with a passion for learning through a creative and meaningful curriculum.
We are a 1:1 iPad school, recently awarded the ‘Apple Distinguished School’ award, and we use technology very effectively across all of our curriculum and across the school. We are also an ‘IQM Centre of Excellence’ for inclusion and have a fantastic mental health package we call ‘Remarkable Minds’, which runs parallel to our academic offer.
We are looking to appoint a Higher Level Teaching assistant to work as part of our outstanding support team. We are looking for somebody with commitment, energy, and drive to join our team and work closely with staff to provide positive learning experiences for all our pupils.
We expect the successful candidate to:
• Be able to build great relationships with pupils
• Be flexible and have experience across all primary ages
• Be able to deliver high quality learning experiences for all pupils
• Have high expectations of learning and behaviour and inspire and motivate our children
• Be supportive, nurturing and understanding with high expectations
• Seek to make learning exciting and a positive experience
• Communicate well with parents, carers and members of staff, as well as pupils
• Demonstrate good communication skills both orally and written
• Work well as part of a team
• Be willing to contribute to school life outside of the classroom
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
• More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
• More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
• More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin.
• More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
• More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
You will be joining an excellent, highly skilled team from across the Academy. If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please contact the academy on 01642 247985.
Closing date: Monday 08th November 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
This job is closed for applications.