Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 12/11/2021 23:59
Grade 9 £28,672 - £32,234
Social Care - Children Service
An approved team location
Children & Young People’s Services
SEND & Inclusion
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/21/579
Post title: SEND Caseworker x3 posts – full time – permanent
Salary: £28,672 - £32,234 Grade 9
Job Location: The post is based at Broom Cottages Primary School, Ferryhill. The postholder will work from and across venues within County Durham and, at times, the North East region.
We are seeking to appoint SEND Caseworkers to join the team responsible for facilitating the statutory responsibilities of the Local Authority to ensure all children and young people with special educational needs are able to access the best possible education provision, experience positive progress and achievement, reach good educational outcomes and are prepared for adulthood.
The central responsibilities of the SEND Caseworker include:
• Facilitating the statutory assessment processes of the special educational needs of children and young people
• Producing high quality Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) to support the identified special educational needs for individual children and young people
• Co-ordinating appropriate pathways for children and young people with an EHCP as they transition through education and learning
• Monitoring the effective use of funding provided to meet the needs of identified children and young people
• Ensuring preparation for adulthood outcomes are integral in EHCP statutory processes for children and young people to ensure education and training prepare them for independence
• Liaising with other services to ensure continued provision into adult services where appropriate
The post is based at Broom Cottages Primary School, Ferryhill. The postholder will work from and across venues (including educational establishments) within County Durham and, at times, the North East region.
You will have:
• Qualification at degree level or equivalent
• A good understanding of special educational needs and statutory processes to support needs
• Experience of working with children and young people to support planning for their futures
• Experience of working with families and/or other professionals to meet the needs of children and/or young people
• Experience of collaborative working with a range of education providers including schools, colleges, health and social care professionals
Further details of essential and desirable criteria can be found in the Job description/Person specification. If you would like further information about the post, please contact one of the SEND & Inclusion Team Managers:
Teri Corsan Bland
07880 044616 - Mobile
07825422489 - Mobile
07717 815200 - Mobile
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
It is anticipated that interviews will be held week beginning 22nd November 2021.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line via the jobs portal or for further assistance contact the Payroll and Employee Services Team on telephone no. 03000 263154 or email PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.