Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 11/11/2021 23:59
£20,960 - £23,028 (Based on increments, starting salary £20,961)
Schools - Support
Student Services Adviser
Middlesbrough and Hartlepool
Full Time - 37 Hours per Week (Whole Time)
Annual Salary: £20,960 – £23,028 (Based on increments, starting salary £20,961)
We are currently looking for a Student Services Adviser to complement our existing team. We are looking for a dynamic individual with experience in developing and delivering a range of educational personal development and support packages to young people. The post may therefore suit someone with a background in the following types of fields – youth work, social work, mental health, healthy living, for example, and who has a keen interest in developing these types of skills in young people.
The post holder will be responsible for supplying students with relevant and up to date information on a variety of topics. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter who is enthusiastic and able to use that enthusiasm to engage students in a variety of ways from social media and printed information, to the delivery and /or facilitation of workshops.
The role of a Student Adviser is however varied and will entail the need to be able to adapt to the changing needs of the students and the demands on the service. The role will therefore also involve providing a range of effective and timely support to students, to foster their independence, enhance their personal skills, and support them to remove any personal barriers that may hinder their academic progress.
Working as part of the Student Services Team you will be part of the student support offer we pride ourselves on but also have the opportunity to develop and enhance this element of the team.
What will you get if you join us?
• The opportunity to work in an award winning institution with creative people in a creative environment, where exchange of ideas is commonplace,
• The knowledge that you have a positive impact on the development of (mostly young) people and the choices they make in life,
• Support and guidance in making any difficult decisions to achieve the targets you have been set,
• Access to personal skills development to help you achieve your targets and your longer term career goals,
• Access to the local government pension scheme (with significant employer contributions).
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: 11th November 2021
To download the application pack, see our website https://northernart.ac.uk/careers
If you have any questions or would like to send your application form, please email HR@northernart.ac.uk
This job is closed for applications.