Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/05/2022 12:00
Social Care - Children Service
Children’s Residential Provision, South Tyneside
(Children’s Residential Provision, South Tyneside)
In South Tyneside, our children and families are at the forefront of everything we do. We want every child and family to feel supported in times of need and empowered to make the right decisions; we are committed to making a difference. We take pride in our Children’s Residential Service, where staff are valued, supported, and trusted to drive this vision forward.
We are excited to expand our Residential offer with the development of a purpose built 4 bed, children’s home in South Tyneside.
These are exciting times to work in Children and Young Peoples Residential Care with South Tyneside Council. The service is enjoying a considerable financial investment and improving outcomes for young people is a corporate priority. We are seeking a committed, experienced and pro-active Deputy Manager to help us achieve our ambitions for young people.
As the Deputy Manager for the Children’s Home, you will support the Registered Manager in ensuring the residential childcare officers are actively taking responsibility for the delivery of high quality care including working directly with children and their families. You will deputise for the Registered Manager in their absence.
• You will have significant experience of delivering a wide range of interventions with children and young people.
• You have a proven ability to place the child / young person and family at the centre of all practice and decision making.
• You will have significant experience of child protection and working within policies and procedures.
• You have a proven ability to establish working relationships with children, families and partner agencies.
• You will have significant experience of working as a part of a team in a management role.
• You will have a level 3 Children and Young People qualification.
• You will have a qualification in management or commitment to work towards one.
• You will benefit from an excellent provision of support and personal and professional development opportunities.
As a valued member of South Tyneside Council, you will also have access to our excellent benefits package, including:
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
• A generous 25 days annual leave entitlement, which increases to 30 days following 5 years’ service, plus all bank holidays.
• Use of the flexi system which allows employees to build hours and claim time back when suitable.
• Sick pay entitlement, which increases with length of service.
• Our ‘stuck not sick policy’ recognising that employees, on occasion, may need to take time away from the office. It enables employees to agree how time will be repaid with managers, rather than taking sick leave.
• Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
• Our lease car staff benefit scheme is a cost-effective way to lease a brand-new car via salary sacrifice with no deposit or credit checks.
• Our home technology staff benefit scheme is a home electronics salary sacrifice scheme which allows you to save money on home technology and spread the cost, with no deposits or hidden payments.
• Our Cycle to Work scheme offers a network of routes that include off-road and traffic-free routes to help you cycle to work safely and keep fit.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Darren Bird, Operations Manager- Residential Service on 07885916978 between 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
South Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
Closing date: Noon, 27 May 2022.
This job is closed for applications.