Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/05/2022 12:00
Town Hall, South Shields
(Town Hall, South Shields)
We are looking for someone currently working in an IT Architecture role or an experienced IT professional looking to move into Architecture to join our Digital and ICT Service.
As an Architect in the Digital and ICT Service you will:
• Contribute to the Council’s Digital and ICT strategy, roadmaps and work programme providing technical guidance and vision;
• Identify solutions to business challenges and translate these into end-to-end Solution Designs;
• Build effective relationships at all levels within the Council, with partners and suppliers.
The D&ICT Service is committed to providing our employees with opportunities for development and career progression. In return you will be committed to delivering excellent outcomes, collaborative, enthusiastic about using technology to solve business challenges and keen to learn and develop your knowledge, skills, and experience. You will also have:
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• Good problem-solving skills;
• A professional and friendly disposition;
• A good approach to documentation;
• A degree in an ICT subject or other ICT qualifications would be advantageous but are not essential.
Benefits will include:
• 25 days a year annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years' service;
• A flexible working scheme which offers flexible start and finish times (in line with operational requirements) and the ability to take up to 2 days flexi leave every 4 weeks;
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme and a range of salary sacrifice schemes including the cycle to work scheme, car lease scheme, discounted metro season tickets.
Closing date: Noon, Friday 27 May 2022.
This job is closed for applications.