Teacher of Health and Social Care (Harton Academy)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/05/2022 12:00
Schools - Teaching
TEACHER OF HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE – Maternity Cover
32.5 hours per week
MPS / UPS
Required from September 2022
As an experienced practitioner, you will be able to demonstrate your ability to engage with pupils and communicate your enthusiasm and passion for Health and Social Care. Your experience will enable you to teach at key stages 4 and 5, and an ability to teach an additional subject would be advantageous.
Our intention is to interview during the week commencing 23rd May.
In return, you can be confident that you are joining a committed, supportive and very successful team. You will be coming to an extremely popular and over-subscribed 11-18 academy with over 1600 students, which …
• was judged “outstanding” in all categories in our Ofsted inspection in January, 2013
• in February 2009 featured in a national publication by Ofsted entitled ‘12 Outstanding Secondary Schools – Excelling Against the Odds’
• achieves excellent examination results in KS4 and KS5
• was designated as a ‘Teaching School’ in September, 2011
• opened a new 6th Form Centre in September 2010, offering an extensive range of level 3 courses, a varied enrichment programme and a challenging academic environment
• prepares all students for the destination of their choice, whether continuing in further and higher education or into the world of work
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share our commitment. Successful applicants are required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application packs are available from the Harton Academy’s website - https://harton-tc.co.uk/year-7-11/information/vacancies/teacher-of-health-social-care-maternity-cover/ – and should be returned by 12 noon on Wednesday 25th May, 2022.
Harton Academy is the Employer.
This job is closed for applications.