DBSR0001/23 Catering Assistant
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£20,441 pa pro rata
Catering / Cleaning
Any location within North Tyneside
The successful candidates will be expected to carry out a range of duties associated with catering, to include the service of food and beverages to pupils along with cleaning tasks.
Previous experience in a busy catering environment or busy school environment is essential. Catering staff are contracted to work at any site in North Tyneside and can be asked to re-locate depending on business needs.
We have vacancies in the following schools:
Appletree Gardens first
2 x 10 Hours
Coquet Park first
John Spence high
2 x 10 Hours
Whitley Bay high
The posts are term time only over 190 days when school is open.
In addition you will be contractually required to be available, should the service require it, to work five call-in days in one of our commercial outlets and three cleaning days, both of which occur during school holidays. Please note that basic literacy and numeracy skills will be assessed at interview stage.
For information about North Tyneside Council, the benefits of working for us, and the many attractions of working and living in North Tyneside please see the council’s “About Us” pages on www.northeastjobs.org.uk.
As an employee of North Tyneside Council you will feel valued from the moment you join us. We have a comprehensive induction process to ensure you are supported in your role from day one and our experienced and approachable management team will support you to achieve your professional goals.
In return for your valuable contribution you will have access to our excellent benefits package:
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (for contracts of 3 months or more)
- A supportive Occupational Sick Pay scheme
- A generous annual leave allowance, which increases with service, plus bank holidays.
- Annual pay increments up to the top of the salary grade.
- Access to Occupational Health services including physiotherapy and counselling.
- Our Employee Assistance Programme which includes a telephone helpline and extensive online resources for support and advice
- Extensive training and development opportunities including access to our Learning Pool online platform.
- Supported career progression.
- Discounted membership of our Leisure Centres including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 1 spa and over 250 classes every week
- Credit Union Savings Scheme Further information about eligibility can be found on our Benefits and Rewards page on www.northeastjobs.org.uk.
A check will be required of whether you are Disqualified under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2018, under the Childcare Act 2006.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and adults at risk of harm. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.