DBS4336 Reablement Support Worker
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Care workers (unqualified) £21,575 - £21,968 pa pro rata/ Reablement Support Workers £24,496 - £25,878 pa pro rata
Social Care - Adult Service
Any location within North Tyneside
Are you Ready to Care?
We have some exciting and flexible opportunities available on a fixed term and permanent basis within our social care team here at North Tyneside Council. With a number of vacancies, we are looking for caring and passionate individuals who can make a difference to the everyday lives of our residents with care and support needs.
We are recruiting Care Workers and Reablement Support Workers – with several positions available and you choose the number of hours (up to 25 hours per week) you’d like to suit you. The roles will interest people who have a desire to make a difference on a regular basis, as well as those who may have some spare time to offer.
Perhaps you would like an opportunity to see if social care is the career for you?
The role typically involves visiting people in their own homes and providing a range of support tasks, including helping with personal care and meal preparation.
You will receive fabulous support by working alongside an experienced care worker and you will also receive full training, provided by the Social Care Academy, which specialises in providing high-quality care and support training.
A little bit about us:
You’ll work within our brilliant Reablement Support team, which is a community-based rehabilitation service, supporting people in their own homes across the borough of North Tyneside. We’re committed to providing excellent care – with residents treated with dignity, respect, and compassion – and we’re looking for people who share the same goal.
Could this be you? What will you get?
• We will agree with you the hours you are able to work (up to 25 hours per week)
• Once agreed, your hours are guaranteed
• You will receive a uniform and mobile phone
• Paid travel time and mileage in between visits
• Support from a great team, we have experienced staff that you can shadow and a real sense of team spirit and a fabulous work atmosphere • Job satisfaction – this job focusses on helping people live their best life and the feeling of job satisfaction is second to none
• Full training and supervision and the opportunity to develop a career in care.
Some staff have moved to management positions in care and others have developed careers in allied areas such as undertaking social work qualifications or moving into commissioning and quality assurance roles.
• A varied work life – no 2 days are the same.
Our people are individuals and they all deserve to be treated as such. However, as a general guide, your duties may include some support with personal care needs and individualised support for people regain independence within their own home, following an illness/health need or injury.
• You will be providing short-term limited intervention of intensive activity to promote people’s independence.
• You will be goal setting and takin a personalised approach with involvement from the person and their family. It is a service that builds on what a person can do already and support them to regain skills and build confidence.
Do you share our values? These are:
• A commitment to quality and being the best, we can
• Treating people with compassion • Showing dignity and respect to the people you are working with
• Having trust and respect for members of our team If so we want to hear from you!
Care workers (unqualified) £21,575 - £21,968 pa pro rata Reablement Support Workers £24,496 - £25,878 pa pro rata
For an informal discussion please call The Reablement Service on 0191 337 1000.
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975, and an Enhanced DBS disclosure will be required.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and adults at risk of harm. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.