Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2023 23:59
£42,403 - £46,464
Regeneration/ Economic Development
County Hall, Morpeth, Northumberland
Northumberland County Council Economy and Regeneration has a brand new role for a Senior Economic Advisor in the Employability and Inclusion team at a critical time for development of a more Inclusive Economy in Northumberland and across the North East.
The role responds to new opportunities in the context of the North of Tyne Employability Plan and future devolution to the North East Mayoral Combined Authority, UK Shared Prosperity Fund, Employment Partnerships, Levelling Up, Social Value and Inclusive Economy ambitions to support delivery of Northumberland priorities of Economic Growth and Addressing Inequalities.
Working as part of the Employability and Inclusion team in Economic Development, the role will work with businesses and employment and skills providers to understand how to match supply and demand to increase economic activity in a dynamic labour market.
The post will provide advice to management and Council democratic structures and ensure economic inclusion is embedded in the work of the Council and partner organisations. It will foster alignment of services to meet the economic growth needs of the labour market and ensure Northumberland residents benefit from exciting new investments in the county, supporting employer recruitment needs and participation of residents in employment support. The core function is development and implementation of strategic policy objectives of the Northumberland Economic Strategy, the Council’s Corporate Plan, the North of Tyne Employability Plan and emerging North East devolution priorities.
- Candidates will have an excellent understanding of labour market policies and strategies, particularly in relation to employability, skills and inclusion.
- An ability to understand labour market trends and analyse economic data.
- Candidates will have an excellent understanding of engaging across sectors and be skilled in partnership working and collaboration.
- A drive to support Inclusive Economies and meet the needs of businesses, employment and skills providers, and Northumberland residents.
- Innovative thinking and the ability to identify opportunities and drive performance are critical.
- Excellent partnership building, stakeholder management, and communication skills are essential.
The successful candidate will be offered:
- A starting salary of £42,403 - £46,464 (Band 9) depending on experience
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
Why choose us?
Northumberland County Council’s (NCC) vision is “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, in which you can access the activities you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive”.
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- Car leasing scheme
For further information about NCC, please visit our website. http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
Please note that this is a full time, permanent position but applications on a secondment or part-time basis would be considered for the right applicant. For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please check the Northumberland Council website.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email email@example.com or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please also let the team know. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.
This job is closed for applications.