Senior Finance & Claims Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/11/2023 23:59
£37,336 - £41,418
Regeneration/ Economic Development
Northumberland County Council, County Hall, Morpeth
Do you want a challenging and rewarding career with real opportunities to change the lives of people in Northumberland? If you are dynamic, have an attention for detail and enthusiastic then we want to hear from you.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Claims and Finance Officer to join the Regeneration Finance and Performance Team within the Economy and Regeneration Service.
The successful applicant will have current experience of working at an advanced level within a finance environment and must have recent experience in the management and review of staff. You will predominantly be responsible for the compilation, review and timely submission of externally funded grant claims and ideally you will have extensive experience in this area. Budget monitoring and reporting and the successful implementation and review of systems and processes also form a large part of this role.
You will work as part of a team of 11 staff responsible for the financial management, monitoring and reporting of externally funded projects being delivered both within Northumberland and the wider North East area.
We require a good team player who is enthusiastic, has an excellent eye for detail and has the ability to communicate with Partners and provide advice on finance and claims in accurate spoken and written English. You will have well developed interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to quickly build good working relationships both within the Team and with external organisations.
The post is located within the Economy and Regeneration Service, whose core purpose is to deliver the Council’s priority of Economic Growth. This includes the influencing of national and regional policy and co-ordinating and driving forward of the delivery and management of regeneration and economic growth projects.
This is a full-time position.
The successful candidate will be offered:
- A starting salary of £37,336 - £41,418
- This role is a fixed term position to 31st March 2026. Subject to securing funding this fixed term date could be extended.
- AAT Qualified or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of working within a finance environment at a senior level.
- Experience of managing and monitoring project budgets.
- Knowledge of financial administration procedures and systems within a public organisation.
- Extensive knowledge of grant management procedures within an accountable body setting.
- Ability to organise work and identify priorities to meet challenging deadlines.
- Experience of supervising staff and conducting staff reviews/appraisals.
- Advanced IT skills preferably experience with O365.
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- Car leasing scheme
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available
- Staff networks - run by staff, for staff, providing opportunities for peer networking, mutual support, staff development e.g. Apprenticeship, Armed Forces, ASD, Enable (disability), LGBT+, Menopause, Mental Wellbeing, Racial Equality
For further information on this position, please see the attached job description and person specification.
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see the attached guidance notes here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please also let the team know. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Alternative application format:
British Sign Language: northumberlandcc-cs.signvideo.net
For those with speech difficulties or hearing loss: Text relay service dial 018001 01670 623930
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.
This job is closed for applications.