Part-time Religious Studies or Humanities Teacher with potential for full time hours to support with cover
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 03/10/2023 09:00
£28,000 - £38,810
Schools - Teaching
Christ's College are looking to recruit a part time Religious Studies or Humanities teacher who will enthuse pupils to learn with a combination of great subject knowledge, energy and dedication. There is potential for full time hours to support with whole school cover.
We have high expectations for our students as they grow and develop and all our staff provide important role models to them in terms of positive attitude, work ethic and diligence.
Applications from ECT's are welcome.
The successful candidate will:
• develop schemes of work and lesson plans in line with curriculum objectives
• facilitate learning by establishing effective relationship with pupils
• maintain organised learning resources
• create a positive learning environment in the classroom
• develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children
• assess and record progress and prepare pupils for national tests
• link pupils' knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, challenging and inspiring pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
Further information is available in the job description and person specification.
Join us and in addition to working with committed and helpful colleagues, the Trust can offer access to the following benefits:
• Defined benefit pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Free parking
• Employee centred and family friendly policies and practices that support you in and beyond the workplace
• Enhanced sick pay, maternity leave and paternity leave (dependent on length of service)
• Cycle to work scheme
• Funded eye tests and glasses for DSE users (subject to T/Cs)
Christ's College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Where the post is engaged in regulated activity, and/or an opportunity for contact with children the position will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. In addition, as part of the shortlisting process, and in accordance with statutory guidance, we may carry out an online search (for publicly available material) to help identify any incidents or issues that have happened which we may want to explore with shortlisted applicants at interview.
This job is closed for applications.