SEN Teaching Assistant (Level 2) - Barndale House School, Alnwick
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/11/2023 12:00
FTE £23,500 - £23,893 (pro rata - £17,536.08 - £17,829.34)
Hours per week:
32 hours (8:45am - 3:30pm Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri, 8:45am - 4:15am Thu)
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Barndale House School, Howling Lane, Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66 1DQ
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a teaching assistant, with SEN experience, to join the team at Barndale House School.
About the School
Barndale House School is a forward thinking, ambitious and caring residential special school in Alnwick town. Our children and young people are aged 2-19 years of age with a diverse range of needs including:
• Communication & Interaction
• Cognition & Learning
• Social, Emotional & Mental Health
We are starting our journey to become a centre of excellence for the community. We pride ourselves on providing education and support to all pupils and their families that will prepare them for their future. We are a rapidly growing school and were recently described by Ofsted (December 2019) as ‘improving at a pace’.
Our school is driven to ensure all children are prepared to reach their own potential and are as independent as possible in their transition into adulthood. The PFA outcomes shape our curriculum development and underpin our practise throughout the school. Our school motto is: ‘What I learn today, prepares me for tomorrow’
About the role
You will actively engage with your class team to ensure that children’s learning experiences are:
• Thoughtful and well planned
• Resourced to support pupils to be as independent as possible in their learning
• Within a well thought out and organised learning environment
• Engaging and thought provoking
• Connected to other learning experiences
• Supporting core skills of communication, reading, writing and numeracy
• Reflected upon with the learners so they can see the progress they are making
• Communicated to families so they can actively engage at home
Who are we looking for…
To achieve this you will need to be passionate, enthusiastic, driven and ready for a challenge. You will work closely within a class team to deliver the whole curriculum as well as supporting pupils in their holistic development. School experience, curriculum knowledge, making resources, as well as removing barriers to learning are essential parts of the role of a Specialist Teaching Assistant here at Barndale.
What we can offer you…
Whilst being a small school we also have big ambitions and as such can offer you the following:
• Specialist advice, support and collaboration from our intervention team • A supportive class team
• Children who love their school
• A passionate community that wants to help make things happen
• A SLT who are active in the classrooms, around the school and are available to you
• A school where we actively support all staff with their health, wellbeing & workload
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all of our staff to share this commitment. Online searches will be carried out on shortlisted candidates as per Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023. An enhanced criminal records check is required for this post. Our Child Protection Policy is available on our website and should be reviewed as part of the application process.
Closing date: Monday 27 November 2023 at Noon
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 29 November 2023
Our website gives a comprehensive overview of our school, our values and our curriculum goals.
School Name: Barndale House School
Full address: Howling Lane, Alnwick, Northumberland
Postcode: NE66 1DQ
Tel.: 01665 602541
Facebook: Barndale House School
Website address: www.barndalehouse.northumberland.sch.uk
This job is closed for applications.