Skilled Highway Operative - Capita
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2023 23:59
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
What you'll be doing :
- Competent in carrying out a range of advanced construction tasks e.g. Excavation, Kerb laying, Paving, Drainage, Concrete laying, Tarmac work and block paving.
- To use and interpret construction drawings and utility providers plans.
- Have an understanding of setting out and the ability to work to line and level.
- To be responsible for the locating and exposing underground services in line with Capita Safe System of Work.
- To provide advice, guidance and instructions to other staff as allocated e.g. Apprentice's, Laborers and ensure all work is carried out as instructed
What we’re looking for:
- Must have extensive experience on Highways Construction and Improvement schemes, (Kerb laying ,Asphalt Laying, Excavation, Drainage).
- CSCS Card
- Full Driving Licence
- Experience in using a variety of small plant and tools (Stihl Saw, Pneumatic Breaker, Whacker Plate etc)
- Plant operator experience (360 excavator / dumper)
- 360 excavator operator 10t and above
About Local Government Services
At Government Services, we’re transforming the way governments and local councils serve the public. We’re using technology, innovation and domain knowledge to improve services and deliver savings. Our teams are answering 30,000 emergency service calls every day and our Ultra Low Emissions Zone is helping Londoners breath cleaner air. Join us and discover better as you keep the country running smoothly.
You’ll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You’ll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary (£31,000)
- 23 days holiday (rising to 25 after 2 years’ service and 27 after 5 years) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks’ fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
What we hope you’ll do next:
Click the link below to apply:
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic.
We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This job is closed for applications.