Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/11/2023 12:00
£20,812 FTE (£15,609 pro rata)
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Berwick St Mary's First School
TEACHING ASSISTANT for KEY STAGE ONE
Position Start Date: 8th January 2024
Employment Type: Permanent contract 32.5 hours per week, term time + 3 days
Closing Date: Friday 24th November, 2023
Date of Interview: To be confirmed
Pay Range: £20,812 FTE (£15,609 pro rata)
Berwick St Mary’s CE First School is seeking to appoint a pro-active, enthusiastic, energetic and skilled Level 1 Teaching Assistant to join our team, working in our Key Stage One class supporting the learning of all of the children, including those with SEND.
The successful candidate will have the vision and drive to make a significant impact in our vibrant school and who is committed to making a difference to the lives of our children.
This position is being re-advertised and previous applicants need not apply.
Applications are invited from candidates who:
- Are able to demonstrate that they have the vision, values and tenacity to join our team
- Can support and promote our distinctive Christian ethos and values
- Have excellent standards of literacy, numeracy and spoken English
- Can demonstrate excellent behaviour management and communication skills to support pupils with different needs and abilities, enabling them to overcome initial barriers to learning
- Implement agreed work programmes (including phonics and early interventions) with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom
- Deliver learning activities for individuals/groups or for whole classes and monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on pupils achievement, progress and development
- Use specialist skills and training to support the pupils, encouraging pupils to interact and work cooperatively with others and engage all pupils in activities
- Put children’s safety and wellbeing first
- Be highly motivated with a commitment to securing the best outcomes for all children
- Be actively involved in all aspects of school life.
We are looking for people who have experience of working within a school, are interested in their development and learning and have good organisational and communication skills. Qualification as a teaching assistant (or equivalent) is essential.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to join a successful school which has a strong inclusive ethos and an inherent drive for quality. St Mary’s is dedicated to delivering outstanding inclusive practice through a culture of co-production, experiential learning and growth, where parents and professionals work together to support the holistic development of the child. Our children are proud citizens within their local community, care for each other, are focused on learning and enjoy coming to school. We have an incredibly strong team and thrive on working together to improve access to education and outcomes for our children.
This position is a permanent contract of 32.5hrs per week, term time plus 3 days
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who are able to demonstrate that they are able to meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification and who have the vision, values and tenacity to join an outstanding team and help continue the journey towards excellence.
Visits to the school are encouraged, so please contact the school office to arrange an informal tour and discussion with the head teacher.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. If you are invited for interview, you will be required to disclose convictions that would not be filtered, prior to the date of the interview. Certain spent convictions and cautions will be ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed. Full details on protected convictions and information about which convictions must be declared during job applications can be found on the Ministry of Justice website. You will be asked for further information about your criminal history during the recruitment process. If your application is successful, this self-disclosure information will be checked against information from the Disclosure and Barring Service before your appointment is confirmed. This role will include Regulated Activities and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is required for this post.
Application packs are available on request from the school directly via email email@example.com or by telephone 01289 306170. Only applications on an official application form will be accepted.
If you are submitting your completed application form by e-mail via firstname.lastname@example.org please be aware that the school cannot be responsible for any formatting anomalies when printing. Hand written or electronic printed copies should be posted or hand delivered to the following address:
For the attention of Mrs J Bradbury:
Berwick St Mary’s CE First School
Berwick upon Tweed
This job is closed for applications.