DBS0419 Asbestos Surveyor
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/11/2023 23:59
£30,151 - £33,820 pa
Any location within North Tyneside
North Tyneside Council is expanding its Schools and Public Buildings service and looking to invest in a highly motivated and knowledgeable Asbestos Surveyor.
As the successful individual you will be providing expert advice and guidance on all asbestos related matters and undertake routine asbestos inspections to our portfolio of buildings. You will have extensive asbestos regulations experience, both in the practical application of the legislative requirements associated with a local authority service, and the ability to correctly interpret guidance documents and licensed contractor works information.
You will need to meet a range of deadlines, keep records up to date and monitor weekly progress across a range of quality control and job completion information. You will need to be comfortable checking and inspecting works, along with the required certifications.
You will be required to build, a comprehensive knowledge of our internal processes and procedures and require excellent IT skills and have working knowledge of systems like Microsoft Office applications.
To be successful you must have good verbal and written communication skills; excellent personal organisational skills and the ability to deliver a right first-time ethos. You must use your initiative and find new ways to reach our goals.
You need to be a proactive person who is able to find solutions to everyday problems and work within the policies and procedures of the team.
If you consider yourself to be suitably qualified, enthusiastic, and self-motivated this could be the job for you.
As an employee of North Tyneside Council, you will feel valued from the moment you join us. We have a comprehensive induction process to ensure you are supported in your role from day one and our experienced and approachable management team will support you to achieve your professional goals.
In return for your valuable contribution, you will have access to our excellent benefits package:
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (for contracts of 3 months or more)
• A supportive Occupational Sick Pay scheme
• A generous annual leave allowance, which increases with service, plus bank holidays
• A range of flexible working and leave options, including part-time working, to support work/life balance (subject to business requirements)
• Access to Occupational Health services including physiotherapy and counselling
• Our Employee Assistance Programme which includes a telephone helpline and extensive online resources for support and advice
• Extensive training and development opportunities including access to our Learning Pool online platform
• Supported career progression
• Discounted membership of our Leisure Centres including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 1 spa and over 250 classes every week
• The ‘Benefits Plus’s Scheme enabling salary sacrifice for Car Leasing; Cycle to Work Scheme; additional annual leave, public transport season tickets, and professional subscriptions
• Credit Union Savings Scheme
The salary is £30,151 - £33,820 per annum and for an informal discussion please contact Joe Chater: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07976 594 826.
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures, and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
This job is closed for applications.