Support Worker - Autism Team
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2023 23:59
£22,737 - £23,893
Social Care - Adult Service
Sunderland Care and Support is one of the leading Social Care Providers of high-quality care and support to the community of Sunderland. We are passionate about supporting adults with Complex Learning Disabilities to lead fulfilling lives. We are seeking to recruit support workers into our Autism Team who can deliver exceptional standards of person-centred care and support to those with a high level of physical support needs as well as those who may be at risk of displaying behaviour that challenges services.
Our customers have a wide range of complex needs and interventions which can include active support and positive behaviour support techniques. They require consistent members of a team to support them to live as independently as they can within their supported living home, you will support them to maintain their safety, you may be required to provide support with personal care needs as part of their care plan. Also, to engage them to participate and explore their local communities and activities. This care and support should have the individual at its centre, promote respect, dignity, engagement, and participation, throughout the delivery of personalised care and support.
We are keen to recruit candidates who are able to support and enable our customers to lead and maintain fulfilling lives whilst ensuring that their daily individual care and support needs are met whilst ensuring their quality of life is paramount. These needs should be met with integrity by those who can help us ensure our company values are at the heart of everything we do.
Our values are:
Your role will be on providing support to customers promoting and developing their life, health, and wellbeing. This may include:
- Excellence – deliver the best outcomes and high-quality service through the dedicated effort of every team member.
- Teamwork – Value the contributions of all, blending the skills of individual staff members in partnership and collaboration.
- A good place to work – Enjoying our role each day through enhancing the lives of those we serve, through creative ideas and the unique talents of each employee.
- Helping with preparation of meals & drinks.
- Support with domestic household tasks
- Administer & record medication.
- Support with money management
- Encouraging community trips and facilitating customers participation
- Support with household & personal shopping
- Support with meeting friends & family
- Support with high standards of nutrition
- Adhere to health & safety legislation.
- Cleanliness & intimate personal hygiene
- Provide emotional support.
- Active support techniques & positive behaviour support techniques to increase skill level & achieve set outcomes (training will be provided)
- To support customer to plan holidays & support them if needed (additional payment)
- These principal responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of duties, only a general guide to the role. In consultation with the post holder, the duties may change from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the customer/service.
Are you a person who is driven and motivated and wants to make a position difference to a vulnerable adult? The role of professional support is extremely rewarding and in return we offer Induction which will support you in your own personal development.
We can offer:
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notification as you will not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk/spam folder. We will contact candidates to arrange an appropriate time to carry out an interview. If you are successful following the interview process appointments will be made subject to two satisfactory references and DBS check.
- 37 hours per week
- A starting salary of £21,029 - £21,968 (pro rata if working less than 37 hours per week)
- Sleep in payment of £39.24 per shift completed. (Where applicable)
- Designated rota pattern including daytime, evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays
- Excellent training opportunities
- A pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Career development opportunities
- A positive and rewarding job role and culture.
- Probationary period
- Regular 1-1 supervision
- Annual appraisal
For more information on Sunderland Care and Support, please visit our website; https://sunderlandcareandsupport.co.uk
This job is closed for applications.