Curriculum Leader of Technology - St Peter's Catholic College
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/11/2023 09:00
MPS/UPS plus TLR2b of £5,193
Schools - Teaching
Required: As soon as possible
Salary: MPS/UPS plus TLR2b of £5,193
Hours: 1 FTE
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: St Peter’s Catholic College, Normanby Road, M’bro, TS6 6SP
We are looking for an inspirational and highly effective Curriculum Leader of Technology to join our very successful team. We offer the opportunity to work in a high quality, vibrant and caring environment where we share a rich vision for our pupils and for the community as a whole.
St Peter’s Catholic College is now rated ’good’ in every category, this validation of the school by Ofsted represents the significant improvements that have been made since the last back in 2019 when the school was graded ‘requires improvement’ in each. Ofsted quite rightly agrees with our position, that the school has improved because of the actions leaders have taken. Ofsted have commented “St Peter’s is an inclusive school and leaders are proud to serve the pupils who attend”.
St Peter’s Catholic College is part of the Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust, a family of 38 schools, and a vibrant Sixth Form College. With more than 12,300 pupils and 1,500 staff, NPCAT is now one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the UK.
Our school is committed to striving for excellence in all aspects of school life and nurturing links with the parish and the wider community. The Governors would like to employ a person who has a passion to make a difference to the lives of our children and their families, who is a good communicator with a real ability to inspire and motivate.
St Peter’s Catholic College is at the heart of the community and it is the positive, caring attitude of all members of our school community that creates the unique nature of the college. The quality of the education we provide reflects an ethos that affords equal opportunities to all, regardless of faith, race or gender. We are a school with high expectations and aspirations for all pupils and we celebrate our commitment to inclusion.
This is an exciting time to lead a curriculum area and a great opportunity to contribute to the success of Technology across the Trust. You will be supported by the senior leadership team within St Peter’s Catholic College, the Trust standards team and you will work closely with the Curriculum Leaders from our other secondary schools to share and receive examples of best practice. We believe this collaborative approach, utilising the full range of experience and knowledge from all our Technology Teachers across the Trust, will be invaluable in the NPCAT’s uncompromising journey to excellence.
Ongoing professional development from within the Trust provides our Teachers and Leaders with great opportunities for development and progression. These opportunities will be offered to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate must:
- Be fully committed to upholding and promoting the Catholic ethos of the school and Trust.
- Be an outstanding teacher with the motivation and capacity to become an outstanding leader.
- Be able to lead and motivate young people and colleagues.
- Be able to work with and take direction from the school's Senior Leadership Team and Trust Standards Officers and Directors.
- Be resilient, hard-working, committed to finding solutions and someone who is wholeheartedly focussed on transforming pupil outcomes.
- Show a commitment to innovation, creativity and inclusion.
- Be able to make a significant contribution to the wider school context.
- Be fully committed to promoting the vision of and working cooperatively with The Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust.
The school offers:
- A strong, supportive ethos.
- A Headteacher and ambitious leadership team with exceptionally high expectations and a clear vision for the school.
- Happy, enthusiastic and friendly pupils, with a thirst for learning and success.
- Hard working and talented colleagues.
- A range of professional development opportunities.
- Supportive governors and parents.
Closing date: Monday 27th November 2023, 9am
Interviews: Week commencing 27th November 2023
Application form and further information is available from: npcat.org.uk/current-vacancies
If you would like an informal chat about this post or to arrange a visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to the back cover of the application pack for details of how to apply for this position.
Nicholas Postgate Catholic Academy Trust is committed to equality of opportunity, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks. The successful candidate will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service contract.
This job is closed for applications.