Support Worker - Reablement
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2023 23:59
£22,737 - £23,893 (Pro Rata)
Casual car user status
Social Care - Adult Service
City of Sunderland
All applicants who hold a full UK driving licence and have the use of a vehicle for work purposes will be guaranteed an interview.
New Employees to the company will receive £500 when they begin their career at Sunderland Care and Support and £500 when they successfully complete their induction and probationary period. (The scheme is offered on a discretionary basis, and as such, the Company reserves the right to amend or withdraw it at any time at its discretion).
Sunderland Care and Support is one of the largest providers of social care services within the North East delivering a range of service on behalf of Sunderland City Council. We provide person centred innovate services that improve the lives of the people we serve. Our mission is to provide customers with the care and support they need to live happy, healthy and successful lives. We value all our staff and believe investing in them through training and development forms the foundation to deliver excellence in care. A career with us not only makes a difference to our customers lives but can also be life changing for you.
The professional positions advertised have arisen as a result of investment in and development of our service in Reablement. The post involves supporting adults who are recovering from illness and or trauma to recover and to gain independence through meaningful activity. Customers can be referred to Reablement from hospital or their own home, and referrals are made via professionals within the City. The service is fast paced as Reablement is time limited up to a period of 6 weeks. Our customers are often frail and frequently have more than one health condition, including varying degrees of physical and cognitive impairment. The care team works closely with our well established Multi-Disciplinary Team members including Social Workers, Therapists, Community Nurses and the Community Stroke Team.
The role of the Support Worker is central to the delivery of excellent customer care and involves:
The team prides itself on offering excellent customer experiences and support, at what can be a difficult time for customers and their family/carers.
- Supporting to maintain or improve the wellbeing of customers.
- To provide and promote person-centred care and support to vulnerable customers who require differing levels of support to meet a range of complex social and health needs
- To support a team, providing care and support to enable people to achieve their maximum level of independence through appropriate physical, emotional and psychological support including intimate personal care, support with basic health needs, practical tasks, appropriate communication and community involvement. This includes following therapy plans, and in the use of innovative technology, for which training is also provided
We are keen to recruit Support Workers who will join the established Team and ensure the Companies values are at the heart of everything we do.Our values are:
Are you a person who is driven and motivated and wants to make a positive difference to a vulnerable adult? The role of professional support is extremely rewarding and in return we offer:
- Excellence – deliver the best outcomes and high-quality service through the dedicated effort of every team member.
- Teamwork – Value the contributions of all, blending the skills of individual staff members in partnership and collaboration.
- A good place to work – Enjoying our role each day through enhancing the lives of those we serve, through creative ideas and the unique talents of each employee.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notification as you will not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk/spam folder. We will contact candidates to arrange an appropriate time to carry out an interview. If you are successful following the interview process appointments will be made subject to two satisfactory references and DBS check. For more information on Sunderland Care and Support, please visit our website; https://sunderlandcareandsupport.co.uk
- Induction which will support you in your own personal development.
- We offer 32 hours per week
- A starting salary of £21,029 - £21,968 (pro rata if working less than 37 hours per week)
- Designated rota pattern including daytime, evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays
- Mileage rate of 0.45p per mile
- Excellent training opportunities
- A pension scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Career development opportunities
- A positive and rewarding job role and culture
- Probationary period
- Regular 1-1 supervision
- Annual appraisal
This job is closed for applications.