Cleaner (Brandling Primary)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/11/2023 22:59
£23,151 per annum, pro rota. Actual salary: £5648.00 * inclusive of Real Living Wage
Hours per week:
10 hours per week
Catering / Cleaning
Newcastle City Council
Operations & Regulatory Services Directorate
Facility Services & Civic Management
Recruiting to the following vacant posts:
Grade N1 £12.00 per hour
(Inclusive of the Real Living wage)
An opportunity exists for suitable individuals to work within the Facility Operations as a Cleaner at:-
(Based in Felling, Gateshead)
Cleaner – 10.00 hrs per Week (39 weeks term time and final 2 weeks in school summer holidays), Monday to Friday 15.30pm to 17.30pm
Actual salary: £5648.00 per annum
Facility Services and Civic Management work across the city and Gateshead providing building cleaning, caretaking, school meals and welfare catering services.
We have a large team of cleaners, cleaner supervisors, facility supervisors (caretakers), catering assistants, assistant chef’s and chef’s working various hours and shifts in schools and public buildings.
Our service is committed to delivering a high standard of service to our customers and in doing so investing in our staff and staff development.
What we offer:
What we are looking for:
- Competitive hourly rates of pay
- Up to 29 days annual leave per annum (pro rata for part time staff)
- Paid DBS as well as paid induction and training
- Full uniform and equipment provided at no cost to you
- Full training and opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career
- Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle2work scheme
- Access to a salary sacrifice car lease and home electronics scheme.
- Weekend, bank holiday and unsociable hours pay enhancement
- Full employee support package including access to a free confidential Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff offers and discounts including discounts on travel passes and leisure.
We are currently looking for reliable and friendly people with a positive attitude to join our team as a Cleaner at Jesmond Park Academy.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has well developed interpersonal skills and is capable of dealing effectively with staff
- Has a flexible approach to work, hours and locations
- Is capable of regular stooping, bending, lifting and carrying.
- Is a team player but able to use your own initiative
- Can have good relationships with others
- Is self-motivated and able to work to fixed deadlines
- Is customer focused
- Can deliver to required standards
- Is suitable to work with children and young people
- Is able to undertake written and spoken instructions and speak English.
This post is working in regulated activity. If you are successful, we will undertake additional recruitment checks which will include a DBS check (Data and Barring System) to see if you have had any criminal convictions, a check of police information and we will check the barred list(s). It is a criminal offence for a barred individual to apply for a job in regulated activity.
For an application pack download the application form and supporting documents from www.northeastjobs.org.uk, apply online, alternatively you can collect an application form firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like to discuss this post please call Richard Geddes on 0191 2771947.
This job is closed for applications.