Cleaner (Kells Lane Primary School)
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 29/11/2023 22:59
£23,151 pro rata, per annum, £12.00* per hour (Inclusive of Real Living Wage) Actual Salary £8,663 per annum
Hours per week:
15.00 (48 Weeks)
Catering / Cleaning
Newcastle upon Tyne
*We are proud to be an accredited Real Living Wage Council, paying all of our employees a minimum of £12.00 per hour; leading and setting standards for good work within the city.
Operations & Regulatory Services Directorate
Facility Services & Civic Management
Kells Lane Primary School (Based in Low Fell, Gateshead)
£23151 pro rata, per annum, £12.00* per hour (Inclusive of Real Living Wage) Actual Salary £8,663 per annum
15 hours per week, Monday to Friday 15.00 - 18.00, (48 weeks)
Facility Services and Civic Management work across the city and Gateshead providing building cleaning, caretaking, school meals and welfare catering services.
We have a large team of cleaners, cleaner supervisors, facility supervisors (caretakers), catering assistants, assistant chef’s and chef’s working various hours and shifts in schools and public buildings.
Our service is committed to delivering a high standard of service to our customers and in doing so investing in our staff and staff development.
What we offer:
- Competitive hourly rates of pay
- Up to 29 days annual leave per annum (pro rata for part time staff)
- Paid DBS as well as paid induction and training
- Full uniform and equipment provided at no cost to you
- Full training and opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career
- Attractive Local Government Pension Scheme
- Cycle2work scheme
- Access to a salary sacrifice car lease and home electronics scheme.
- Weekend, bank holiday and unsociable hours pay enhancement
- Full employee support package including access to a free confidential Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff offers and discounts including discounts on travel passes and leisure.
What we are looking for:
We are currently looking for reliable and friendly people with a positive attitude to join our team as a Cleaner at Kells Lane Primary School
We are looking for someone who:
We are committed to protecting and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is working in regulated activity. If you are successful we will undertake additional recruitment checks which will include a check to see if you have had any criminal convictions, a check of police information and we will check the barred list(s). It is a criminal offence for a barred individual to apply for a job in regulated activity.
- Has well developed interpersonal skills and is capable of dealing effectively with staff
- Has a flexible approach to work, hours and locations
- Is capable of regular stooping, bending, lifting and carrying.
- Is a team player but able to use your own initiative
- Can have good relationships with others
- Is self-motivated and able to work to fixed deadlines
- Is customer focused
- Can deliver to required standards
- Is suitable to work with children and young people
- Is able to undertake written and spoken instructions and speak English.
For an application pack download the application form and supporting documents from www.northeastjobs.org.uk, apply online, If you would like to discuss this post please call Richard Geddes on 0191 2771947.
Any communication sent to you regarding your application will be sent to the email address you have set up on your Northeast Jobs account, so you will need to ensure that you check your inbox.
This job is closed for applications.