Higher Level Teaching Assistant - Speech and Language
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/11/2023 12:00
£17,883 - £19597 pay award pending (FTE £24,497 - £26,845)
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Darras Hall Primary School is looking for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant with a specialist interest in speech, language and communication needs.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual who is committed to promoting inclusive education and supporting children with speech and language needs. The school is a wonderful place to work, and the children are undoubtably our greatest asset. The are polite, endearing and keen to do well.
Working Hours: Ideally 32 hours per week, term time only (0.73FTE), however applications are invited from those who would prefer to work on a part time or job share basis (salary pro-rata to working hours).
As our Higher Level Teaching Assistant with a speech, language and communication needs specialism you will work under the direction of the SENDCo:
• Providing direct support to pupils, addressing speech and language needs individually and in small groups.
• Plan and deliver speech and language sessions to enhance spoken language skills.
• Implement specific interventions tailored to pupils with speech, language, and communication needs (SLCN) and social communication needs.
• Design and deliver CPD to develop expertise, teaching strategies, and specialist resources within the wider school staff.
• Identify and plan training in specific areas.
• Work with pupils to assess needs and develop and implement Individual Education Plans (IEPs).
• Organise and manage appropriate learning environments and resources.
• Plan and evaluate challenging teaching and learning objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Meet the National Standards for HLTAs or equivalent qualification.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ideally have experience in working with children with speech, language and communication needs or in a SEND support or therapist role, preferably in an educational setting.
- Collaborate with a dedicated team of educators and specialists.
- Access professional development and training opportunities.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Be part of a school community dedicated to unlocking the potential of every child.
This role is your opportunity to empower children with SLCN, fostering their communication skills and supporting their academic journey. If you're ready to make a positive impact and contribute to a supportive educational environment, we encourage you to apply.
Applications, including a cover letter of not more than 2 A4 pages, should be submitted for the attention of the Headteacher, Victoria Parr, to email@example.com
Please contact the school by email or telephone on 01661 823857 if you have queries about the post.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and qualifying applicants may be invited to interview at the earliest opportunity so do not delay in applying if this post is of interest to you.
We reserve the right to close the job earlier than the closing date.
This job is closed for applications.