Ryhope Junior School - Teaching and Learning Support Assistant
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/11/2023 12:00
Grade 3 pt 7-11 £22369 - £24054 FTE
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Ryhope Junior School
Ryhope Junior School
Post Title: Teaching and Learning Support Assistant
Job Location: Ryhope Junior School
Directorate: Together for Children
Responsible to: Headteacher
Position No: TBC
Contract Type: Fixed Term until 19th July 2024
Salary: Grade 3 pt 7-11
£22369 - £24054 FTE
Hours of work: 20 hours per week – term time only (39 weeks)
12pm to 4pm Mon-Fri
Information about the Post
We are looking to recruit a kind, patient, enthusiastic and experienced Level 3 Teaching Assistant (or equivalent experience), to support children in our school. You will work as a member of a team, supporting children with their individual teaching and learning plan as well as daily one-to-one and small group work based on the children’s specific areas of need. The work will also involve helping children access learning within their mainstream class.
You will need to be able to follow and deliver programmes planned in conjunction with the class teacher and SENDCo, as well as working on your own initiative. You will be sensitive to the needs of the pupil and support them to maximise their learning outcomes.
We care passionately about our staff, their well-being and their professional development and this is reflected in the fact that we are an enthusiastic team, committed to working collaboratively and sharing the very best practice. We are seeking ambitious candidates who are keen to develop further and as such are committed to providing excellent CPD for the development of staff. We are striving for the very best for our children and we are focussed on and passionate about learning.
We are looking for someone who is:
We can offer you the opportunity to:
- experienced in delivering EYFS and KS1 phonic and basic writing skills interventions
- experienced in supporting children with social, emotional and mental health needs
- creative and innovative, especially in order to bring learning to life
- committed to team work, sharing and receiving ideas for the benefit of the children in our care
- able to work proactively, with a high level of commitment
- experienced in working within an educational setting with children (employed or as a regular volunteer)
- experienced in working with children who have additional needs and an EHCP
- educated to GCSE Maths and English standard (minimum Grade 4) or equivalent
Experience of working with children with special educational need in the areas of communication and interaction, literacy and numeracy is essential to this post. We are very committed to integration and inclusion for all our children and seek to appoint individuals who share this vision.
- work in a popular and forward looking school
- join a strong team environment that takes staff well-being seriously
- work with a dedicated Senior Leadership Team who want to see their staff progress and flourish in their career
- develop your skills alongside a team of dedicated and highly professional staff who are deeply committed to improving the life chances of the children in our local community
- be supported in your role by a range of school based and external expertise
- develop professionally including relevant training, where appropriate
Visits to the school are highly recommended and can be arranged for Tuesday 7th November 1pm or 4pm. Please contact Mrs Taylor, School Business Manager (Telephone: 0191 9172969) to arrange a visit.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, medical and reference checks.
If you can share our commitment to working as a whole school team to provide the best possible learning environment for the children in our care, we look forward to hearing from you.
Ryhope Junior School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to an enhanced check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
An Application Form and further information are attached in the Supporting Documents or can be obtained by sending a large stamped addressed envelope to the School Business Manager, Mrs A Taylor at Ryhope Junior School, Shaftesbury Avenue, Ryhope, Sunderland SR2 0RT.
Completed Application forms should be returned for the attention of Mrs Taylor, School Business Manager via email to email@example.com or via post to the above address.
Closing Date: 23.11.2023 12 noon
Shortlisting Date: 23.11.2023
Interview Date: 30.11.2023
This job is closed for applications.