SEND Teaching Assistant - Level 3 - Ryhope Infant School Academy
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/11/2023 11:59
Salary: NJC Points 3 – 4 £21,029 £21,189 (Pro-rata)
Schools - Teaching Assistant
RYHOPE INFANT SCHOOL ACADEMY
Ryhope Infant School Academy
Shaftesbury Ave, Ryhope, Sunderland SR2 ORT
Tel: 0191 917 1910
Headteacher: Mrs T Allen
Role: SEND Teaching Assistant - Level 3
Contract Type: TEMPORARY (8th January 2024 – 19th July 2024)
Working Pattern: Full Time – 5 Days per week (37 hours) – Term Time Only
Required from: 8th January 2024
Salary: NJC Points 3 - 4 £21,029 - £21,189 (Pro-rata)
The Trust is seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic, reliable and appropriately qualified Teaching Assistant who can motivate and engage children with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties, Specific Learning Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties.
Applications are invited from experienced Teaching Assistants, who are prepared to make a positive contribution to the life and ethos of our inclusive school. The successful candidate will work flexibly between year groups as required, supporting children with their daily activities under the direction of the classroom teacher.
The successful candidate will:
Ryhope Infant School Academy is a caring, supportive community where we aim to provide outstanding education in a nurturing environment.
- Have a full and relevant (DfE validated) qualification for Early Years (Level 3)
- Have experience in working within an Early Years setting
- Be able to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English
- Be passionate about working with young children and their learning.
- Be able to work independently on either a 1-1 or small group basis
- Have an ability to relate well to staff, parents and children.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of child development, the importance of nurturing and the impact it has on the outcomes for children
- Be an outstanding practitioner with high expectations for all children
- Be proficient in supporting the delivery of all aspects of teaching and learning including child-initiated learning.
- Be an effective communicator and be able to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Be flexible and resourceful whilst always putting the needs of the child first
- Have a commitment to their own professional development.
- Be prepared to be involved in the wider life of the school.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mandy Henderson, School Business Manager to arrange a visit via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms and further details for the above position are available by visiting our website www.ryhopeinfantschool.org.uk.
Completed application forms should be returned to Mandy Henderson via email to email@example.com. CV applications will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 23rd November 23 @ 12 noon
Shortlisting: Week commencing 27th November 23
Interviews: To be scheduled week commencing 4th December 23
Ryhope Infant School Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to be fully committed to our safeguarding policies and procedures, in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Pre-employment checks and references will be sought and the successful candidate will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
This job is closed for applications.