Albany Village Primary - Teaching and Learning Support Assistant
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/11/2023 09:00
£24,294 - £25,979
Schools - Teaching Assistant
Albany Village Primary School
ALBANY VILLAGE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Crossgill, Albany Village, Washington NE37 1UA
Tel: 0191 4155 700
Teaching & Learning Support Assistant – MATERNITY COVER
Required from 8th January 2024 until 19th July 2024
Grade 3 - SCP 7-11 (£24,294 - £25,979) pro rata term time only (39 weeks pro rata and 37 hours per week worked)
The Head Teacher and Governing Body wish to appoint a committed, flexible, enthusiastic and highly motivated person to join our inclusive and friendly school. You will be required to work as part of a dedicated team alongside teachers in supporting the teaching and learning and individual needs of pupils. This post is not open to job share.
An enhanced DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service, Pre-Occupational Health Check, Criminal Record Self Declaration Form and completed Disqualification under the Child Care Act are an essential part of the selection and recruitment process. Albany Village Primary School safeguards and protects its pupils and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board procedures.
- Have at least a relevant NVQ Level 3 Teaching and Learning qualification
- Have a keen interest in meeting the diverse needs of our pupils.
- Have the desire to want the best for all children and be involved in the full life of the school.
- Support the Class Teacher in delivering teaching and learning opportunities within the whole class setting and in small groups.
- Have the belief that teaching should be fully inclusive and recognise the uniqueness of every child.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be dedicated to continual professional development.
Please note that the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2018 apply to this position and therefore you are required to complete the “disqualification” declaration form. Should you be successful in your application for this post, your appointment can not be progressed without this declaration.
The school is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. As part of our due diligence and to comply with our obligations in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, an online search of publicly available information will be undertaken for all shortlisted candidates. The successful applicant will be subject to provide an enhanced DBS disclosure.” The post holder must:-
Application forms and further details are available electronically by sending an email request to email@example.com. Completed application forms should be returned for the attention of Mrs Wears at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the postal address above.
- Act in compliance with the data protection principles in respecting the privacy of personal information held by the school.
- Comply with the principles of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 in relation to management of school records and information.
- Carry out their duties with full regard to the school’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and all other school policies.
- Comply with the school’s Health and Safety Policy and Health and Safety Legislation.
Closing date for applications: 9.00am Friday, 24th November 2023
Date for Shortlisting: Monday, 27th November 2023
Date of Interviews: Friday, 1st December 2023
This job is closed for applications.