0441 Democratic Services Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/11/2023 23:59
£34,723 - £38,296 pa pro rata
Democratic Services/ Registrars
Any location within North Tyneside
North Tyneside Council has recently created a new Governance Service. This gives us an exciting opportunity to review all aspects of our governance and allow a dedicated focus on this important work. We want to work in a modern and customer focused way. Our aim is to make it easy for the organisation do the right things, in the right way, as easily and efficiently as possible.
We have a vacancy for the role of Democratic Services Officer in our new Service. We would like applications from helpful, customer focused individuals with a professional, friendly, and ‘can-do’ approach to join our team. You will have a real opportunity to shape and develop our changing approach to governance and actively support the Authority, its Elected Mayor, Elected Members, and officers from all Directorates in a range of important decision-making matters.
The role covers the whole range of responsibilities undertaken to support the democratic functions of the Authority, from preparing and managing agendas for formal and informal decision making, supporting, and recording meetings, providing training, and supporting Education Appeals.
You will support the important Scrutiny functions of the Authority and help to review and maintain important governance processes. While applications from those with a relevant qualification would be preferred, training opportunities (e.g., for the Association of Democratic Services Officers) will be considered for the right candidates.
As an employee of North Tyneside Council, you will feel valued from the moment you join us. We have a comprehensive induction process to ensure you are supported in your role from day one and our experienced and approachable management team will support you to achieve your professional goals.
In return for your valuable contribution, you will have access to our excellent benefits package:
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (for contracts of 3 months or more)
• A supportive Occupational Sick Pay scheme
• A generous annual leave allowance, which increases with service, plus bank holidays
• A range of flexible working and leave options, including part-time working, to support work/life balance (subject to business requirements)
• Supported career progression
• Discounted membership of our Leisure Centres including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 1 spa and over 250 classes every week
• The ‘Benefits Plus’ Scheme enabling salary sacrifice for Car Leasing; Cycle to Work Scheme; additional annual leave, public transport season tickets, and professional subscriptions
• Credit Union Savings Scheme further information about eligibility can be found on our Benefits and Rewards page on www.northeastjobs.org.uk.
• Access to Occupational Health services including physiotherapy and counselling
• Our Employee Assistance Programme which includes a telephone helpline and extensive online resources for support and advice
• Extensive training and development opportunities including access to our Learning Pool online platform
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, we would like to hear from you. Please contact: Allison Mitchell, Head of Governance on 0191 6435720 or email Allison.firstname.lastname@example.org
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and adults at risk of harm. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
This job is closed for applications.