Principal Engineer (Highway Assets)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 03/12/2023 23:59
£42,403 - £44,428
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council prides itself on being a great place to work where staff are trusted, valued and supported to make a positive contribution at work.
An opportunity has arisen for a Principal Engineer to lead on the management of the Councils Highway Infrastructure Assets and to oversee the delivery of the long term programme of asset improvement schemes.
As a Principal Engineer, you will play a vital role in developing, implementing and delivering the Council’s Highway Infrastructure Asset Management Policy and Strategy for all the highway infrastructure assets including over 800km of carriageways & footways, over 2900 street lights, 400+ bridges, traffic signals and all other associated highway assets across the Borough.
Working closely with internal and external stakeholders, you will take the strategic lead on the delivery of a high quality asset management service in order to maintain customer satisfaction across the Borough.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone who has a passion for asset management and who wants to make difference, to serve the people of our borough, and who is committed to their own development.
This post has been identified as suitable for flexible working which enables the postholder to work a percentage of their working time away from the office.
In return we offer an excellent total reward package, including:
• A competitive salary from £42,403 up to £44,428.
• Flexible Working arrangements –working onsite at our main office in central Stockton, at our other Council buildings within the borough (where appropriate), and the ability to work some of your time from home.
• 27 days annual leave per year rising to 32 with 5 years service. Ability to purchase additional leave is also available.
• Generous Pension Scheme through the LGPS with ability to pay extra and plan for retirement
• Access to a number of employee benefits including an employee counselling service, Physiotherapy, salary sacrifice Car Lease Scheme and more.
If you would like an informal discussion about the post, please contact Ian Raine – Highway Asset Team Leader on 01642 526762.
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council is not a UKVI Sponsor therefore we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’. All communication will also appear in the ‘My Messages’ section of your North East Jobs account.
This job is closed for applications.