Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2023 23:59
£33,024 - £36,648
Environmental Health / Trading Standards / Licensing
West Hartford Fire Station, Cramlington
We are currently looking to recruit a dynamic, hardworking and knowledgeable individual to work within our Licensing Team. You will work within our busy Licensing Team which forms part of the Business Compliance and Public Safety Unit which sits within the Public Protection Service.
The position is based at West Hartford Community Fire Station, agile working is strongly encouraged but attendance at offices will be required on a regular basis.
This key role will provide advice and guidance to applicants, solicitors and members of the public on a broad range of licensing matters. This involves regular direct contact with members of the public, and therefore requires a high degree of effective communication skills. Due to statutory timeframes involved in this work you will need to be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work independently.
We are offering:
- Full time, 37hours
- Band 7 £33,024 - £36,648
- A good knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures associated with the delivery of local authority licensing functions.
- Valid UK driving licence
- Experience in engaging effectively with other professionals and building productive partnerships
- Experience of undertaking research, interpreting legislation, guidance and/or policy to inform actions and decision making.
Why choose us?
We have some outstanding benefits to offer you, including:
- 26 days annual leave plus public/bank holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years of service (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi scheme – up to 2 days flexible leave available per month (pro rata for part-time employees)
- Local government discount schemes available to all employees with offers at local businesses along with various national brands
- Commitment to work/life balance offering flexibility through various schemes including job sharing, home working, flexible working, term-time only, and compressed hours
- Car leasing scheme
Northumberland is world-renowned as a visitor destination and an ideal location to strike a perfect work/life balance. There is no better way of enjoying the picturesque scenery and stunning coastline than on an everyday basis!
Northumberland County Council’s (NCC) vision is “To make Northumberland a county which you regard as a great place to live, in which you can access the activities you enjoy, whilst having the opportunity to learn and thrive”.
For more information about NCC and benefits we offer, please visit our website.
Please note that this is a permanent position but applications on a secondment or part-time basis would be considered for the right applicant. For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please check the Northumberland Council website.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. If you wish to notify us of your eligibility for this scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01670 623930 with your name and the job title you have applied for and one of the recruitment team will ensure this is factored into the shortlisting process and kept anonymous. If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview, please also let the team know. This information will be treated as confidential and will only be used to check that you meet the essential requirements of the post.
Although we advertise on North East Jobs, and other websites, your application process will be directed to our Tribepad system. Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered on Tribepad, including your invite to interview if you are shortlisted. Please check your emails regularly, including Spam/Junk, after the closing dates for notifications.
This job is closed for applications.